jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (14 posts)

Consider this Story Started

1. ProCW profile image84
    ProCWposted 6 years ago

There was once a very large group of writers that had nothing better to do than to sit around relaxing and writing small parts of an on-going story about writers that sit around, relax and write. (Your turn.)

2. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago

Then somebody said…

3. 2uesday profile image87
    2uesdayposted 6 years ago

"If you think about it we all do have other things we could be doing. However as we are all of the mind set that this is a reasonable way to spend your time...."

'May I interrupt your after dinner speech madam.' said ...

1. thooghun profile image86
      thooghunposted 6 years ago in reply to this

General Gupta, whose machete slid effortlessly from his sheath. He then proceeded to...

2. paradigmsearch profile image89
      paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago

…look for the person who started this thread.

3. 2uesday profile image87

As he searched for the OP everyone else crept out of the room to see what was happening on the other forums.

1. Daniel Carter profile image89
        Daniel Carterposted 6 years ago in reply to this

While General Gupta trimmed his toenails with his machete at the dinner table, and just then...

4. 2uesday profile image87

A maid with hair like a bird's nest entered the room carrying a huge silver soup tureen. The maid asked General Gupta this question...

5. ahorseback profile image49
      ahorsebackposted 6 years ago

"why in the hell didn't you go with general custer when he asked you to?

6. 2uesday profile image87

Gupta replied

" You madam are a fool, have you never seen an episode of Star Trek?  If I had been there I might have altered the course of history."

7. Daniel Carter profile image89
      Daniel Carterposted 6 years ago

"Because obviously we don't have Native Americans in India, my good man. Besides, his communication to me arrived a year after he was massacred." And Gupta took a sip of soup, and asked, "Where have all the others gone?"

8. 2uesday profile image87

They have gone to the Forum. Rome is so nice at this time of year.

9. days leaper profile image50
      days leaperposted 6 years ago

"Yes" said Gupta, "I have fond memories of meetings with The Pope you know!"
      Just then, the door opened, and the darkened, shadowy figure of a customer walked in...

10. couturepopcafe profile image61
      couturepopcafeposted 6 years ago

"Apologies, good people, for the intrusion."  The voice was shrouded like a seabird lamenting across the bay.  "I collect toenail clippings for the poor.  Anything you can spare will feed hungry children for 3 moons."  She looked at the nails lying on the muddy floor and the few dangling from the bird's nest hair.  The maid gently slid the toe, which lay a few inches away from her own foot, under her skirts.  Both the maid and Gupta still had all ten of theirs.

working