jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

1. saphemerald profile image60
    saphemeraldposted 6 years ago

if you are asked this question what will be your responds:
    Have you find closure in to the most painful experience in your life?

1. ahorseback profile image55
      ahorsebackposted 6 years ago in reply to this

There is an old adage , "no mood remains the same  with the passing  of  time ", closure is probably not the better of discriptions or  the best word to describe   what happens ,  there is  less 'closure" than there is   acceptance or even healing , as to many  of the the experiences of life......

2. lorlie6 profile image86
    lorlie6posted 6 years ago

I'm not fond of that word, really.  'Closure' suggests something that is essentially forgotten.  We 'close' the door on the event's impact.  So, if that's the idea, then no, not for me.  The death of a parent will never lose its magnitude as a life-altering event, the abuse of some toward me in later life will not be forgotten.
    But, therein lies the trick!  Learning from these disasters, embracing them essentially, is the key to becoming the best I can be!

3. donotfear profile image91
    donotfearposted 6 years ago

Interesting you would post this, being that I wrote a hub on the exact same thing.  I'm one who must have closure on things. I don't feel settled about the matter until I have some finality about the situation. Like what I call "being in limbo" about something, not knowing where you stand, etc.  It's agonizing, to me.

There's emotional closure & other kinds of closure.  But I'm the type person who has always benefited from closure of some type in sticky situations. And when I don't have closure? Well, I find some kind of finality to the matter to use as my closure.