poetry

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (13 posts)
  1. profile image50
    carter_93posted 13 years ago

poetry refects on each of us and gives every-one an open mind to how we feel through poetry.If poetry did not exist we wouldnt even be able to express the way each of us feel with-out saying it straight out. Poetry gives each of us closier in some way,in others it lets others have faith and remain to keep an open mind.with-out poetry this place we call our home wouldnt of had such and amazing story like we each tell through our poetry..

1. leni sands profile image66
      leni sandsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

life is poetry, simples!

1. kathryn1000 profile image60
        kathryn1000posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Some people  use words and some people use music.some don't feel the need

2. qwark profile image62
      qwarkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Carter:
      I went to your site and found no "hubs?" I was gonna read one or two of 'em and respond.
      Are ya gonna write?
      I'd like ya to read one of mine. It's rhyming poetry, 4 short chapters long.
      Takes ya from a forming earth, through it's many stages of changes, the beginning of life, the disappearance of the dinosaurs and ending with the evolution of man his potential demise.
      I'd like your opinion if you read it.
      Thanks..:-)

http://hubpages.com/hub/qwark93

2. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years ago

No doubt poetry is the first lNGUAGE FOR ME CERTAINLY IN RELATION TTO EXPRESSION  oops caps lock.  I was thrilled to have many pieces of poetry published yet even now, I tend to turn away from reading any poetry.  I fear being swayed unintentionally the next time I write.  I only read it here.

I wrote my first poem at 14 and one a day almost every day since,  shelves full of journals.

Funny are our process of creating that rituals we need and I believe enjoy to create. 

There are two things that I have adopted when I write now, my lyrics [which is poetry-tupac prime example and so talented]  While I enjoy writing, I write, when finished I never ever read it over or go back and open one of hundreds of journals to read my work.  Nor do I show a soul,

Since I am gabbing away and about to publish 2 poems ha, I will always be intimidated by my own pen.  I have 0 education, know nothing of Shakespeare or any poet nor proper english at all.

The magic poetry gave to me was the courage to believe grammar didn't matter and if I wrote from my heart, even the structure of the poem was irrelevant.  I still do not know narrative, sonet etc means, but this area I will look up.

omg babbling I should write a really long hub about

my point, so here I take a risk and scribble out a poem for a publisher for the first time ever sharing my words, and it was published.  Poetry gave me a means to express my feelings and such giving me a voice and a creative outlet that has one purpose for me, to heal.  My 1st born went like this;

Since Forever

I've bled alone in shame
    Known no other type of pain

Since Forever

Hid secretly when cried
    Waited eagerly then died.

Now in This Moment

Been blessed with new ways
    Somehow combining many passed days

And in this Moment

Let trust take it's will
    And risk another yet still

For Tomorrow

Fear will still consume me
    But no longer alone will this child be

And For Tomorrow

I will regain a purpose for my name
    And No longer will I have to feel insane.

Thanks for allowing me to risk it here too.

Great Thread!

smile

1. profile image0
      mtsi1098posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I like it...smile

1. profile image0
        kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I like you, your so supportive, a hockey player!  my heart is yours

thanks bunches mtsi

smile

2. qwark profile image62
      qwarkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Kim:
      Babble on!
      Use those words to express yourself.
      Nice little poem with food for thought.

Aren't we all a little insane tho? Look about us and tell me it's so.......'cause it sure is!  :-)

3. alternate poet profile image67
      alternate poetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Like it - sometimes the most lucid words can come from confusion.

Bugger, now I have to go and read some of your poetry hubs instead of lounging all morning !!! big_smile big_smile

3. epigramman profile image59
    epigrammanposted 13 years ago

I am an anti-poet - I try to bend and subvert the genre!!!

1. alternate poet profile image67

In my youth - before political correctness - bending had quite different connotations, and it would not have been your genre that got subverted big_smile

4. SilentReed profile image80
    SilentReedposted 13 years ago

I think everyone is a natural poet. We just have to draw it out from the shadows and deep recess of our minds and hearts. Poetry is fluid, and each have different ways of expressing their thoughts and feelings.

1. alternate poet profile image67

I don't think so.  Your definition of poetry is faulty - what you are saying may apply to some other word but not poetry.  Poetry is a specific art form that requires skill and ability - that have to be learned.  The same as painting, anyone can wishywash colours around a piece of paper, some monkeys are famous for it, but to create a painting with meaning is something very few people ever manage to do.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)