jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

What books can you read over and over again?

1. 0
    heatherhale2007posted 6 years ago

Personally, I'm a Twilight saga fan! lol I can read those books and they never get old. Also, I've read the House of Night series by P.C. and Kristin Cast a few times. Such a good series! I'm also an avid fan of Nora Roberts and Susan Elizabeth Phillips! Anything by those two I can read a hundred times! What about you guys?

1. Rochelle Frank profile image89
      Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I don't read a lot of books and don't feel I have time to re-read ones I've already read.  However, I have sometimes re-read some classics that I read as a child or young adult-- like "Robinson Crusoe", "Walden's Pond","Pilgrims Progress" and a couple others. I found stuff there that I had missed the first time.

2. 0
      ankigarg87posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I am lover of story books .Books re true friends of us i read story books when i am sad or feel alone. When i read same story i don't think about that i know the story i read as i am reading story first time.

2. sunforged profile image68
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

3. spookyfox profile image81
    spookyfoxposted 6 years ago

For the sake of all of us I'll ignore the Twilight part and jump to my own favorite books to re-read:

Probably the one I read most is Hamlet. Second are Sherlock Holmes' stories. I've read The Lord of the Rings about 4 times I think. And pretty much most books I've read. I don't remember who was it that said something among the lines of: "If something's not worth reading twice, it's not worth reading at all"

1. 0
      heatherhale2007posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Haha Not a fan of Twilight, huh? To each his own. lol

4. sunforged profile image68
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

I wish I could say all books I have read are worth re-reading!

But the ones I would evangelize, suggest and reread at any point

Anything by Herman Hesse

The Alchemist

The Art of Happiness

Lighter reading

The James Clavell Noble House Series

5. attemptedhumour profile image61
    attemptedhumourposted 6 years ago

My all time favourite books are Papillon and the follow up book Banco, by Henri Charriere. I've read both eight times and i'm rather pleased that i've got a dodgy memory.

6. RevLady profile image60
    RevLadyposted 6 years ago

Pilgrim's Progress. I do read it at least once a year.

7. TamCor profile image82
    TamCorposted 6 years ago

I go from one extreme to another... big_smile

I have re-read the Harry Potter series many times, and I have also read most of Dean Koontz' books many times over in the past 20 years, lol...I think my favorites of his are "Watchers" and "Lightening", though.

Re-reading favorite books is just relaxing to me and very enjoyable! smile