jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

1. alqx profile image60
    alqxposted 6 years ago

Brainstorming. How do you do it?

For me, I take a piece of paper and write whatever specific or broad themes that come to my mind for a few minutes. I then explore whatever I have written, and add a little detail here and there. When a certain topic/theme catches my attention for more than a short moment I start expanding those details, and eventually rearrange them into a skeletal structure of the topic that I might write about.

1. dutchman1951 profile image60
      dutchman1951posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I keep a note book, write down what I see, what people do,  Notes on the scene, descriptions etc... then poor over the note book and write.

1. alqx profile image60
        alqxposted 6 years ago in reply to this

A Notebook! I've thought of that before.

The most wonderful ideas may hit me at times that I'm not writing and sometimes I just can't recall them later on when I write. Writing them down would help me remember.

Seems like a small, pocket-sized notebook would do well.

2. KristenGrace profile image61
    KristenGraceposted 6 years ago

Sounds like you have a great plan.  I actually brainstorm on the computer - Open up Microsoft Word and write every little thing that comes to mind for five minutes.  I refuse to let myself stop typing. Eventually all of those nonrelated mini ideas turn into something bigger, and I start to see a story forming...