jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

How do you find offline print jobs?

1. 0
    ryankettposted 6 years ago

Does anybody know of some place on this vast web where offline editors invite submissions for print publications? I have published in a few magazines, but have always been approached. I am pretty keen to add another magazine or two to my portfolio, it doesn't matter to me whether it has a circulation of 5,000 or 100,000.

I keep looking around at these freelance sites, but only ever see online stuff. I prefer to monetise my own online content, unless it is to guest blog for somebody that I highly respect. I suppose that online magazines in their true form, in other words digital formats, would be acceptable.

2. 0
    ryankettposted 6 years ago

Mywriterscircle.com looks like it has the occassional mag job listed or shared.

3. sunforged profile image67
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

As in Writers Market?

1. 0
      ryankettposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That looks ace. You reall do have to assume complete ignorance on my part when it comes to this topic big_smile

4. sunforged profile image67
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

Ok well this is all you really would ever need"

http://www.amazon.com/2010-Writers-Mark … amp;sr=8-1

Since 2010 is passing - this years edition is a bit cheaper nowadays.

If you get the Deluxe version which includes an online edition you have access to an up to date database of contact info , calls to work and publication submission processes

There are also specialized versions for every type of writing you can imagine.

1. 0
      ryankettposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Excellent, thank you.

1. livewithrichard profile image86
        livewithrichardposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Before you go off and purchase this year's edition of Writer's Market, check your local library to see if they have a copy or go to their online edition where you can pay US$3.99 a month and cancel at anytime.  (writersmarket.com)

5. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 6 years ago

Writers market, Duotrope, Ralan, the 'funds for writers' newsletter... but generally I just Google.