jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (13 posts)

Hello poets just to let you know about a Poetry Competition...

1. 2uesday profile image86
    2uesdayposted 6 years ago

Just discovered that Lulu.com run a poetry competition with prizes.

You will need to read the rules etc. and make your own mind up if it is worth entering but I just spotted it and thought I would share the news here.

p.s. Just for information. I am not selling or promoting anything that I will gain from ( sorry but I feel I need to include that in case this looks like it).

1. saleheensblog profile image62
      saleheensblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

can I take part with a poem that has already been published here? I mean is there a duplicate content issue?

2. 2uesday profile image86

Hello saleheen

I am not sure  about duplicate content there was a long list of rules for entering. I did not have time to read all the rules, but I will if I enter the competition. There was a reference to copyright too.

I think it might be best to enter a poem that you have not published here or on-line, even if it is not in the rules. The reason I say that is - if they (Lulu) put your poem on the site as a winner of say the daily contest and you have it here too - you might find you have duplicate content issues.

I will have to read the rules carefully when I have the time before making a decision about entering a poem.

Most poetry contests I have looked at in the past do say - no published work can be entered.

The thing I liked about the contest was there were daily winners too. The money for the monthly winner would be nice for someone here to win.

You can read the winning entries to give an idea of what type of poetry they are looking for.

If you enter the poetry contest - I wish you 'good luck' and hope you win.

1. couturepopcafe profile image61
      couturepopcafeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I just went to lulu.com and couldn't find anything about any contest at all.  How did you find it?

1. skyfire profile image71
        skyfireposted 6 years ago in reply to this
        1. couturepopcafe profile image61
          couturepopcafeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, went there and entered.  Also, Salaheen, it's open to published and unpublished poetry.  You retain all rights so there is no conflict with hubpages or anything else.  The only catch would be that whether you win or not, they retain the right to publish your poems on their website and in media clips.

thank you for the information, I am going to participate. Best of luck with you also.

1. Denise Handlon profile image89
              Denise Handlonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Couturepopcafe.   Good luck Saleheen, good luck all.

3. 2uesday profile image86

Thanks skyfire for adding the link here.

Thanks couturepopcafe - I have been to busy to read and understand all the rules. Your commment is worth people thinking about if and when they enter this.

4. saleheensblog profile image62
    saleheensblogposted 6 years ago

noooooooooooooo, it pays via paypal, oh God, from my country we can't have a paypal.............

1. skyfire profile image71
      skyfireposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If i remember correctly, you're from india right ? Correct me if i'm wrong. So how come paypal doesn't allow indian sign ups ?

lol, i am from Bangladesh.

5. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 6 years ago

THANKS!  I am entering a poem today - I hope you'll all go there and vote for it!  maybe I'll enter several - good luck to you all.

working