jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

What book are you reading and would you recommend it?

1. Ruben Rivera profile image80
    Ruben Riveraposted 6 years ago

I love to read but got kind of lazy looking for books to read. Can you tell me what you're reading and would you recommend it.

I am reading "busting loose from the money game" by Robert Scheinfeld.  Kind of a radical way to look at finances, weird some might say but interesting in my opinion.

1. JayDeck profile image73
      JayDeckposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The Road by Cormac McCarthy. I recommend it wholeheartedly. It is very bleak, though.

2. rachellrobinson profile image85
      rachellrobinsonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If you like Fiction, I just finished reading Black Out by Lisa Unger. I had never heard of her before but I stayed up half the night reading that book it was fantastic.

2. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

Portrait of a Lady, Henry James

yes, it's American literature at it's best. I like books that require that I leave everything else behind and this one does just that.

3. Kotori profile image89
    Kotoriposted 6 years ago

I have had a horrid habit of reading multiple books at a time ever since I was a child.  So here are the books I am reading or have just recently finished:

Angela's Ashes and 'Tis by Frank McCourt (recommended- must read in order)

The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare - maybe a bit too drippy a read for a soldier- I'm teaching it to my 8th graders and needed to brush up.

Prince Caspian by C.S. Lewis- recommended, if you read The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe first.  It's children's literature, but I am a Lewis fan.  From what I can tell, you either love him or hate him.

4. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago

it is a short book by Coelho - By The River Piedra  I Sat Down and Wept

5. gulnazahmad profile image68
    gulnazahmadposted 6 years ago

A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson. It is unique book on history of science, world and human beings. The book has been written in such a way that you will want to read it again and again.............no boring stuff I mean.