jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (18 posts)

Which other website apart from Hubpages is good apart from Hubpages fo

1. sid_candid profile image60
    sid_candidposted 6 years ago

I think Hubpages is great for adsense. But I was wondering if there is any other website where I can write and can boost my adsense earning.

1. KCC Big Country profile image83
      KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Google it or do a search here on HP.  There are lots of hubs written about various ways to make money writing online.

2. Ultimate Hubber profile image80
      Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have tried a couple revenue sharing writing websites but they didn't work for me the way HP does.

3. 0
      ankigarg87posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think hubpages is sufficient that can can boost your adsense earning.

4. jpwriter profile image78
      jpwriterposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Diversifying is smart.  That's why I'm at HP.

Try InfoBarrel.  You can earn up to 90% of the rev share if you participate in contests.  Otherwise it's 75%.

Last month I increased my earnings by 211%  I think it was 191% if you only want to count Adsense earnings.

There's a link on my HP profile page.  If you sign up through me I'll help you as much as I can.  The community there is also great.  Very community oriented.

@Ultimate Hubber - I think we all have our favorite places.  But, using more than one is still smart.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

Triond.com is a good site for Adsense. It's become my second earner. It take a while to start getting good traffic but it is worth it. I don't get great traffic on that site but I make payout every month. Payout is 50 cents and my last payment was for $6.55, plus about $4 in Adsense.

3. Faeriephenomenon profile image78
    Faeriephenomenonposted 6 years ago

SheToldMe.com is a good one and so is Webanswers.com

I use both and both are ad-sense friendly wink

4. Lissie profile image86
    Lissieposted 6 years ago

Long term your best bet is to learn how to build your own sites

1. 0
      TopUniverseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Why its so?

Is hubpages is not a right place for adsense?

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image80
        Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It is. But see, you don't own this place and you don't control it. You can add many features to your own websites like forums etc which will in turn make you some extra money.

2. KCC Big Country profile image83
        KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago in reply to this

We share the Adsense money with HP (60/40)....on your own site you don't share with anyone.

5. Cheeky Girl profile image84
    Cheeky Girlposted 6 years ago

A good choice is to have your own Blog or website as you control the content, and can even control the look shape and size and location on your blog or website (in the case of Weebly.com, which I use). It is Google Adsense friendly. Blogger.com is both adsense and Amazon Ads compatible, and you can earn from the ads on those free Blogs. YOu get to retain all the income if you own the domain name. The domain name has to be purchased, and possibly the hosting too, but the adsense income can pay for it in time. Amazon is a good earner too.

6. mdlawyer profile image60
    mdlawyerposted 6 years ago

It is prudent to write on multiple sites since it is better to keep eggs in many baskets.

7. tritrain profile image77
    tritrainposted 6 years ago

There are several.  You could go the full "article" route, such as Associated Content.

Or you could do something like Hub Pages, which would include Squidoo, Info Barrel, and Red Gage.  Probably in that order.

There are also sites such as About.com that share with their writers.

8. Anaya M. Baker profile image91
    Anaya M. Bakerposted 6 years ago

I just started using Helium. Its been too soon to get any idea of the payouts though. Suite101 seems to be ok. Both of those pay in revenue sharing, but you don't need to use your personal adsense account.

A blog or personal site can be great, but the downside is that ALL of your promotion has to come from you. I notice that my hubs get much more traffic than my blog. Blogger is very user friendly and can be monetized with Amazon and Adsense.

I think the best thing to do is try out a few different sites and see what seems to work the best. It's always good to have a few different options in your back pocket. Also certain niche articles may fare bettor on different sites.

1. Barbara Kay profile image85
      Barbara Kayposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I supplement my Adsense income with bookmarking at Xomba. You can add any link on the web, not just your own and you can add several in an hour. You can also post articles their but I haven't gotten a lot of traffic for those.

9. Gordon Hamilton profile image96
    Gordon Hamiltonposted 5 years ago

Sid, you have received a lot of good advice and it would take far too long for me to comment too much on my own experiences, as I have so many good and bad.

A very important word of warning, however!! I see that, like me, you are not based in the USA. There are a great many sites out there - some of them very popular - that will let you join them, submit your content, spend a lot of time working on their site...but not tell you in advance that they will not pay you a brass cent if you are not a US citizen!

The two that I got stung by in this way were Associated Content and Gather. I believe that Associated Content have changed their policies to some (extremely confusing) extent - I know that as of a few weeks ago, Gather have not.

It is always good advice to scrutinise the terms and conditions of any site before writing for it, but for those outwith the US, this is particularly important.

Good luck!

1. LindaJM profile image84
      LindaJMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I make most of my money with AdSense on my own blogs and websites, and secondarily, from Squidoo.

I just started here at HubPages - publishing my first hub less than a week ago - and haven't earned a cent but I know I will. Other sites I want to try are Triond and InfoBarrel. I'm doing the 30-day HubChallenge to get a good start here.

I believe it is wise to diversify, and to be able to link articles together from a variety of sites.