jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (12 posts)

old vs new

1. profile image60
    cutienoelposted 6 years ago

I PREFER THE EROTICA. THE OLD ROMANCE WERE SO BLAND....THE EROTICA NOT ONLY MAKES YOU IMAGINE.....YOU FEEL IT TOO...BLUSH BLUSH.

1. Julie2 profile image61
      Julie2posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I prefer Erotica as well.  More detail and the writer is not shy with the usage of words, movements, etc.. It definitely helps with you creating a vivid picture in your mind.

1. Cagsil profile image60
        Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You must be bored. lol

You are terrible! LOL.

2. Lisa HW profile image82
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

I've never even seen an "erotica" book or an "old romance" book.  Guess I'm reading the wrong books.   lol

Lisa HW, they are really good! you have to get one. Barnes and Noble should have a section. If you are comfortable going to an Adult store you may be able to find them there, that is where I used to get mine.

3. thirdmillenium profile image60
    thirdmilleniumposted 6 years ago

On the contrary, erotica is all so blunt, leaving nothing to imagination.

4. nlthomas profile image61
    nlthomasposted 6 years ago

I tend to prefer romance over erotica. Romance has a little more of a storyline. I also like the fact that it hints at things (most times) and then fades to black. In erotica you see everything which i guess is good for some, but not for me. Let me exercise my rights as a reader and use my imagination to fill in the blanks.

5. Zaiden Jace profile image78
    Zaiden Jaceposted 6 years ago

I think I like both equally. Romance does have more of an actual story while erotica is mostly sex, sex, sex...not that that is always a bad thing tongue

Thank you Zaiden Jace. I feel the same way. I do like both but I prefer the sex, sex, sex part of the stories... LOL

6. Gyspy Writer profile image60
    Gyspy Writerposted 6 years ago

I have to agree that the old romance novels were sort of predictable and kind of dull. After reading a few, they all started to sound the same. I decided to try my hand at erotica, but it seems the regular thing doesn't click with me. My book kept veering into the odd and it stayed there! But it was fun to write.

7. uncorrectedvision profile image60
    uncorrectedvisionposted 6 years ago

I have been thinking about trying my hand at a little erotica.  The unusual sounds like fun to me and who doesn't like the sex, sex, handcuffs, sex - oops did I type that out loud - that was supposed to stay in my head.

working