jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

It is almost Halloween lets write a story

1. Ben Evans profile image74
    Ben Evansposted 5 years ago

I will start and if others add to it we may have a story by Halloween.  I had to get up pretty eerie in the morning to think of this one big_smile

I sit out on the steps and look into the gray sky. The sun is a silver circle. Its flame has been cooled by the autumn air.  The wind picks up the leaves and swirls them.  My hair blows in front of my face and I can feel my nose getting cold. 

I know as I sit here in a completely deserted school that my sister has forgotten to pick me up once again. School days and Halloween don't mix.  When it falls on a Friday, there is a adventure in the making. I can hear the tree limbs creek as they scratch at the window in a surreal fashion.  They beckon me to walk and invite me into an adventure.

Ice crystals hang in the air as the afternoon is approaching evening.  I hear a noise from the inside the courtyard as I stand up from my perch and I can feel my heart beat fast and feel a numbness that sweeps across my spine........

1. Katzky profile image60
      Katzkyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

aww!.. happy halloween.. like like like this article.. very poetic..
      very imaginative ... ..i'll see what can i do here.. uhmmmm..

Have u seen anything yet?.. *chill!

1. Ben Evans profile image74
        Ben Evansposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I said to myself.... Thinking out loud.

I look up towards the windows.  I hear a sharp tap!  I run like the dickens and then stop to catch my breath.  I think I am letting my imagination get the better of me.

2. couturepopcafe profile image61
    couturepopcafeposted 5 years ago

"Ben..."  I froze in mid-air.  "Ben..." came the quiet voice in the night.  I shivered. 
    "Who is it?"  I hardly recognized my own voice as the shakey words left my quivering mouth.  "Who's there?"
    Silence entered again, with only the quiet scraping of branches blowing in the wind outside.  A dog howled in the night.  Or was it a wolf?  I'd seen wolf stories on NPT and this really didn't sound like any dog I ever heard.
    "Ben..."  I nearly jumped out of my skin.
    "Ok!  Whoever you are, you're not funny.  And you're not very scary either.  Hahaha."  Why the hell didn't I charge my phone.  Where is Mary?  Shouldn't someone be worried about me?  And I'm starting to get really hungry.  That's it.  I'll go down to the cafeteria and get something out of the machine. 
    As I walked down the hallway, the lights in the cafeteria popped on.