jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

What's Your Reading Guilty Pleasure?

1. lorlie6 profile image86
    lorlie6posted 5 years ago

At times, I need a bit of crappy reading to stay relatively sane.  I am a fan of the True Crime genre when I've temporarily burned out on actual literature.
    Anyone else wish to confess?  What do you secretly read?

2. ahorseback profile image54
    ahorsebackposted 5 years ago

Hey Lorlie , Tony Hillerman , Navaho police and mystery series , great stuff , however, he died last year. I like them . Or how about James Lee Burke , New orleans police stuff. He's great. Good Luck.

3. lorlie6 profile image86
    lorlie6posted 5 years ago

I forgot to mention that when I read these True Crime books, I MUST have pictures!  The gorier, the better!

4. LindaJM profile image82
    LindaJMposted 5 years ago

Audiobooks... an easy way to read! Right now I'm listening to a non-fiction... self-help type book. Don't want to say exactly which one but it will be on one of my hubs soon. I also love classics.

5. camlo profile image80
    camloposted 5 years ago

I love books about autopsies and that kind of thing; Kathy Reichs, Simon Beckett etc.. And I've read almost every novel by Jackie Collins - I've been her fan since I was about 13.

1. lorlie6 profile image86
      lorlie6posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Oh boy, Camlo-Have you read the autopsy story told by a guy presumed dead who really isn't?  He describes the whole ordeal, waiting for the coroner to begin cutting!
      Yikes-It's sooooo full of tension.
      Dang it, I can't remember the author's name...smile

1. camlo profile image80
        camloposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I wish you could, because I think I'd love to read it smile

6. Ron Montgomery profile image61
    Ron Montgomeryposted 5 years ago

7. Noble Mongoose profile image61
    Noble Mongooseposted 5 years ago

I read webcomics. There's one about a pregnant nun that cracks me up. lol

I also confess that I enjoyed the Twilight series. It was fun getting into and being a part of the whole fangirl obsession that swept the nation. When I wasn't reading it, I was thinking of reading it.

I'm also a huge huge HUGE Harry Potter fan, and I am in no way ashamed of it. I've read the series at least seven times all the way through, and am currently reading them all again, even though I just finished. tongue