jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

what recording device should I use for an audiobook?

1. kookoo88 profile image64
    kookoo88posted 5 years ago

I am looking to record my book as an audiobook. I need something that I can record into that is inexpensive. It needs to have a good sound quality.
    Has anyone here had success with a particular microphone and recording device?

2. Dale Nelson profile image31
    Dale Nelsonposted 5 years ago

Hi Kookoo,

Awesome that you have written your own novel.
    My opinion would be to check the file type and source code for existing audio books on the site that you want to choose for the release of the audio file. This should enable you to establish the easiest and most popular readable format for your customers. Then check for a free download that uses the same format and test it before you go to the expense of audio equipment. The same equipment you skype with will enable you to get feedback from those who can hear it in realtime to see what quality is like.
    THen use a good set of earphones and see whether you can hear any distortion or backgrouund noise on playback.

Hope this helps.

kookoo88posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hi Dave,

Sorry for the delayed response.  I've been out of it the last few days.

I was thinking more of some sort of mp3 recorder that I can take to my room.  My computer is in the dining room and there is always noise around.  My family is allergic to quiet. wink

3. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

Just check out Olympus and Sony digital voice recorders. Be sure that the recorder in question has the capacity to record in PCM (Wave files). There are lots of models in all price ranges.

kookoo88posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Okay, I'll check them out.  Thank you.  smile  I'll pay attention to PCM.