jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

It 's All About Me.

1. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 5 years ago

That's nice, Carlittle, but I do wish HP would not advertise this as a blogging site, because it isn't really.
    Each article (hub) you write should read like a magazine article. It'll be complete, although of course you can go back later and change things. Each will have an individual url and title which you decide on and write around.
    I think of blogs as being incomplete, they are designed to be added to daily. Hubs aren't.

1. 0
      Sophia Angeliqueposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Carlittle, Word Press, Blogger, etc. are blogging sites.

Blogs are sites where one writes about one's own personal life and interests.
      The word comes from two words stuck together Web Log and shortened itself to BLOG.  A log is something like a diary - like a Captain's, log of his daily activities, just this is on the web, not on the sea.

Hub Pages is for feature articles written for the internet. It has nothing to do with one's personal life. It is more about information that other people read.

It is written in such a way that when people google it, it comes up. If one just writes something, and it isn't specifically written for the search engines, it's probably not going to be listed high enough for people to find it.

You might want to read all the hubs on how to write for hp.

Best of luck. smile

2. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 5 years ago

Don't you just hate when the OP take his post down after you have gone to the effort of replying???

1. 0
      Sophia Angeliqueposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Absolutely. Probably realized a few things...

3. lorlie6 profile image85
    lorlie6posted 5 years ago

Now I understand...I never knew what was going on when threads seemed not to have an OP.  So these guys just delete it and leave us wondering what on earth is going on?
    Sorry Izzy and Sophia!  I do get what you're both saying, and it's a pity that person wont understand the difference between a hub and a blog.  Oh well.