jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Teen and Young Adult Fantasy Series

1. petertheknight profile image83
    petertheknightposted 5 years ago

Hey, I wanted to get everyone's input on some ideas that I should do for my blogs.  I didn't notice just how many fantasy series books I have read and I think I could do a really cool hub(s) to review them.

Here are some of my favorites:  Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling.  Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis.  Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer.  Leven Thumps series by Obert Skye.  Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Riordan.  The Inheritance Trilogy (Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr, etc.) by Christopher Paolini.

Also, the Lois Lowry books like The Giver and the accompanying titles are great and insightful.

So should I put reviews for all of these books into one hub, or should I do like a series of hubs and link them all together.  I am going to try to give some good details, and maybe perhaps I can give a quick overview of each book in the series.  If I do that then I should probably separate them.

I think that this could be a lot of fun for me, but a big undertaking since I have read so many.  I'm currently reading through Inkheart and the Twilight saga.  These new books would be a lot of fun to review as well.

So what are you ideas?  How should I set this up and what should I include?  Thanks!

1. Stories Inc. profile image76
      Stories Inc.posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think it would be best to use separate hubs and link them, unless each review would be very short.

I'm writing a fantasy novel (from the first chapters, which is a short story series here on hubs), maybe some day you could review that too *gets all starry-eyed*

petertheknightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, okay...thanks for the tips!  I'll check out some of your work.

2. tmbridgeland profile image83
      tmbridgelandposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I did a Hub review of Monster Hunter International, that gets regular hits from Google etc. Not high volume, but steady. I think it can be a good practice, You can also help popularize a book you think is great that hasn't gone popular yet. I have a novel here on HubPages done as a serial. Gets pretty good traffic.

2. kerryg profile image88
    kerrygposted 5 years ago

I agree with Stories Inc. I think it depends on how long your reviews are going to be. If they're fairly long, then put them in separate hubs and link them together with the RSS or link module. If they're fairly short, do something like "The Five Best Young Adult Fantasy Series" with short blurbs about each in one hub.

petertheknightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Of course, I could do one hub with a brief explanation of each of my favorite series.  And then link them to a large hub to explain each of the books in that particular series.