jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

Do power tools and electric toys fit an electronics site?

1. Bill Manning profile image70
    Bill Manningposted 6 years ago

So I'm still fishing around for an electronics domain name and will get one soon. My plan is that it will be a gigantic, many category site reviewing and writing about any and all things related to electronics. Cha ching $$ big_smile

I plan on offering quality writers to write as guest in there, where they will be allowed to put in links, Amazon and affiliate links in their own post.

Frankly I would need that to ever get it filled up with content. My question is, would a section on power tools and one on electric toys fit in that type of site?

Tools might be stretching it, but I know a friend who could fill it up which is why I want to include it. Would you think it strange to see power tools in a electronics site? hmm

2. Midnight Oil profile image88
    Midnight Oilposted 6 years ago

"Do power tools and electric toys fit an electronics site?" 

Only if you have the right connectors and sockets.... !  wink

Bill Manningposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ha-ha, true dat! I guess I'll just go ahead and stick those categories in there. That's the beauty of your own site, you can do whatever you want! smile

3. Kangaroo_Jase profile image79
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 5 years ago

Hey Bill,

I had a think about this am of the mind to suggest having two sites. One for electronics as expected, such as toys, plasma screens, iPhones, tablets, remote control helicopters, etc, etc. Then after some time has passed try the same format for power tools as a second site.

What do you think ?

Bill Manningposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hey there, thought this thread was dead and buried! I don't have power tools as a category yet. But if I get an author that wants to write about them I'm going to add it.

It can't hurt and it can fit an electronics site, so what the hell! smile

1. TamCor profile image80
        TamCorposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think it'd be okay to have both on one site. big_smile

I've been thinking for awhile of doing something similar--combining two different kind of products--when we start our site up(whenever that happens).  Not electronics, but more suited to my interests, then come up with some sort of catchy name to draw people in.

Anyway-good luck to you! big_smile

1. Kangaroo_Jase profile image79
          Kangaroo_Jaseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

And why not, often people will most likely suggest, no don't do two niches on a singular site, it won't work. Heck, give it a try and see what happens.

Well it depends on what some think of as a niche. Theoretically computers, cell phones, games, printers and so on are each their own niche.

Yet they also fit one big site about electronics. So throwing power tools in there, as long as they are all electric, fits in my book.

My take on websites is that you should start with a big general subject. Then you can drill down and make many sub-categories within it.

However you can't do the same by starting out a very narrow niche. smile

4. Kangaroo_Jase profile image79
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 5 years ago

Bill,

From your own point of view, did you receive an answer for this question? Did you go purely electronics or decided to add in power tools as well?

Good luck on which ever way to decided to go.

Hi there Kangaroo_Jase. I have so much to do on the site just to fill up the normal electronics sections I have not made the power tools category yet.

But I plan to down the road, again more so if I get an author who wants to write about them. Just have not had the time yet. smile

working