jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Erotica/Romace/ Intimacy

1. Alphonso Taylor profile image75
    Alphonso Taylorposted 6 years ago

ALL WRITERS: Do you think female writers are dominating the Erotica genre, more than male writers?

2. Jaggedfrost profile image83
    Jaggedfrostposted 6 years ago

possibly but not without cause.   Men who write in that genre are seen as perverts and who can blame them when their imaginations usually have more to do with how they love to be pleasured rather then how others might benefit in return.  There are some strains in Erotica, however, which are completely dominated by men but those usually are when they choose to be submissive instead of dominants.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

You would be surprised that many of the authors writing under women's names are actually men.

4. Jaggedfrost profile image83
    Jaggedfrostposted 6 years ago

lol really? I am shocked!  literary sexism in reverse.

5. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 6 years ago

Erotic romance is big right now and written mainly by women, only a handful are men or couples.  But hardcore and literary erotica is still roughly evenly written by men and women.  Hardcore leaning towards more men.

6. Bill Manning profile image70
    Bill Manningposted 6 years ago

One of the first jobs I ever had working online, and the reason I was able to finally work 100% at home, was writing very hardcore adult blogs for others.

I wrote tens of thousands of adult blog post and hundreds of adult paysite reviews.

I got so burned out doing those that the thought of even writing one now makes me sick.  tongue tongue

1. Julie2 profile image61
      Julie2posted 6 years ago in reply to this

that is a job I would like to have... smile

1. Bill Manning profile image70
        Bill Manningposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Actually there is a lot of demand for that type of writing. Trust me however, you get burned out real quick. There is only so many ways you can describe the act! lol

1. Julie2 profile image61
          Julie2posted 6 years ago in reply to this

LOL! Oh my, I know...

working