Your final hub ??!!

1. Eiddwen profile image68
    Eiddwenposted 5 years ago

If you were only allowed one last hub to write, what would you write about?

1. Hollanda profile image60
      Hollandaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I would write about the things I have acheived in my life and the things I would like to acheive.  I would write about my hopes for the future and about things that worry me.  I would write about those I have loved in my life, and those I currently love.

I may veer slightly off-topic from time to time, but that is just my style.  I may allow my mind to wander from one thing to another, and just enjoy following my trains of thought.  After all, that is one of the things I love most about writing: I write from the heart and I allow myself complete freedom in expressing my feelings.  It is both cathartic and beautiful. 

Life is made up of good things and bad things. My Grandma recently advised me: "When life is good, do not view it as the calm before the storm, this is merely real life and the way things are meant to be." All too often, we lose sight of the things that are important to us in the here and now, simply by worrying about what may be in the future.  Another of my Grandma's wisdoms is "Yesterday is the past and we cannot change it, tomorrow is the future and we cannot predict it. Today is a gift and that is why we call it the present." She's a wise one, my Grandma.

So to summarise your question, I would write simply about how I feel at that particular time, just as I am doing now. It's February 12th 2011, the time is 1.30pm and I can see the most stunning sunshine coming in through the (somewhat grubby) windows.  My fiance is sitting by my side, watching TV, and my two cats are lazing about on the window sills.  The air is filled with the promise of spring, life and what is to come. I call it the Season of Promise.  Beauty, love, life...they are all interchangable, all linked to each other, and I will leave you now by saying "Whatever happens in your life, never forget that you are who you are and you should love yourself for that."

No, it's not one of my Grandma's wisdoms. It's one of mine.

1. Eiddwen profile image68
        Eiddwenposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hi Hollanda,
        Am I glad that I asked this question??? I am so very glad!!!!
        That was the sort of answer that I would give.
        I second all that you have voiced wholeheartedly !!!
        We cannot change our past but we can  change  our future and oh yes we should 100% love ourselves.
        It seems to me that there is a lot of your wonderful Grandma in you!!!
        Take care,