jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

Dr. Seusses birthday

1. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

Dr. Seuss (aka, Theodor Seuss Geisel) wrote 44 books in his lifetime and almost all were gems. To celebrate what would have been his 104th birthday, here are 10 great "Seussisms" that offer everything from inspiration to the discouraged to defense of the oppressed to exhortations to keep our eyes, ears, and hearts open.

r.+Seuss+birthday&fr=fp-tts-348&fr2=ps">http://search.yahoo.com/search?cs=bz&am … amp;fr2=ps

one of my favorite authors growing up and now..smile

1. 60
      Russiansinitalyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I used to love dr. Suess growing up! Apparently he disliked children... Even though he wrote for them.

2. 0
    Brenda Durhamposted 5 years ago

I love his work!  I think the way he rhymed the stories is unique and such fun.

3. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

My favorites are "The Grinch" and Green eggs and ham"...

4. FaithDream profile image85
    FaithDreamposted 5 years ago

That's fun.. I just read a hub from Revmjm about Dr. Seuss.

5. Scosgrove profile image84
    Scosgroveposted 5 years ago

Dr. Seuss was the best... "The Butter Battle Book" is by far my favorite.

6. Genna East profile image87
    Genna Eastposted 5 years ago

From "Geen Eggs and Ham" I was hooked on Seuss.  I loved the clever way Geisel spoke about issues that are close and/or important to us all in such delightful and creative ways.  He was an original, and one I will never forget.

7. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago

I love his books, my favorite is Oh, the Thinks You Can Think.
    The only way his books can be read is out loud, even if you're alone. big_smile

http://www.teachingchildrenphilosophy.o … Can_Think!

8. Pamela N Red profile image91
    Pamela N Redposted 5 years ago

He is one of my favorite children's authors and any of his work is pure genius but my favorite is Horton Hears a Who. I also love Yertle the Turtle