jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

1. Sarah Masson profile image80
    Sarah Massonposted 5 years ago

What do you think are the links between artists (writers, painters, singers etc,) and depression?

2. HattieMattieMae profile image71
    HattieMattieMaeposted 5 years ago

There all alone! lol Like heming way said when you are in  your loneliness you produce good work.

3. Monisajda profile image83
    Monisajdaposted 5 years ago

Artists tend to be extremely sensitive individuals. Sensitivity to criticism, trying to be a perfectionist, expressing your darkest feelings. Great artists are often loners and introverts, this does make them prone to depression, I think.

4. AnythingArtzy profile image82
    AnythingArtzyposted 5 years ago

The deep need to be understood and recognized by their talents. the frustration when they can't get that and if they do achieve a level of recognition always striving for the next "bigger and better" achievement.

5. recommend1 profile image71
    recommend1posted 5 years ago

Knowing what could be done - and the frustration of not being able to accomplish it most of the time !

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 5 years ago in reply to this

...problems big guy????  big_smile

1. recommend1 profile image71
        recommend1posted 5 years ago in reply to this

No - I know what has to be done and I can do it !!!   but that is not art . . . .

6. Pearldiver profile image86
    Pearldiverposted 5 years ago

I believe it is far more simple than those previous posts.

I am sure it is all to do with taking medication in more colorful and creative ways than those with average depression big_smile

Just Kidding.

I really don't think that creative people should accept such claims that their creativity is linked to depression and visa versa!

Who is making such a call?
    A party or parties who have little or no understanding of creativity or talent? sad

In my life I have personally found those parties to have little or no understanding of Life in general and most to be in need of a good dose of reality themselves!