jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

The Kite Runner

1. Wayne Orvisburg profile image78
    Wayne Orvisburgposted 5 years ago

Just finished it. I thought it was a great book, but kind of saddening. What did anyone else think?

2. Laura Ginn profile image81
    Laura Ginnposted 5 years ago

This is one of my most favourite books of all time.  It was beautifully written, a really emotive story and what's more it had me gripped from beginning to end.  If you liked this book you should definitely read Hosseini's other novel - A Thousand Splendid Suns - in my opinion even better and boy did I cry at the end of it!  I hope they make a film out of this like they did with the Kite Runner... although the books are always better smile

Wayne Orvisburgposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Is the Kite Runner movie out yet??

Wayne Orvisburgposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Never mind.

3. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 5 years ago

Good book, a bit violent and too long, but otherwise a good character study of the religious fundamentalism of the likes of the Taliban.

4. downpourofwords profile image60
    downpourofwordsposted 5 years ago

A lovely book it is. Yeah it made me sad too at the end but the brilliance of the author is remarkable.

5. Mcken profile image59
    Mckenposted 5 years ago

Khaled Hosseini's book was awesome! The way he made his characters jump out at you was so engaging and real; at the same time he could portray the harsh realities of life very well.

6. Majesty_James profile image59
    Majesty_Jamesposted 5 years ago

Hosseini's book was absolutely beautiful. I was conflicted because on the one hand, I could empathize with Amir, but he was just as capable of cruelty to Hasan as the others were. I was rooting for the "the kings of Kabal", and balled my eyes out when one was lost. F.Y.I. A Thousand Splendid Suns is my favorite thus far, I can't wait until Hosseini's next work.

7. cjcarter profile image86
    cjcarterposted 5 years ago

I read it and thought it was a remarkable story. I would not say that it is one of my favorites, but that doesn't make the story any less meaningful. I guess I'm a sucker for happy endings. While the ending wasn't necessarily sad, I had hoped that things would be better off (trying not to spoil the ending for anyone who may not have read it yet!).

working