Getting a raise out of your boss

1. Stump Parrish profile image59
    Stump Parrishposted 5 years ago

An employee down on his luck asked to speak with his employer. “Come on in,” the boss said. “Well, sir,” began the employee, “as you know, I have been an employee for more than 15 years. Sir, I would like a raise. I currently have four companies after me and so I decided to talk to you first.” “A raise?” barked the boss. “This is just not a good time.” “I understand, and I know that the current economic downturn has had a negative impact on sales, but you must also take into consideration my hard work and loyalty to this company,” said the employee. The employer mulled it over briefly and said, “Taking into account these factors, and considering I don’t want to start a brain drain, I’m willing to offer you a 10 percent raise and an extra five days of vacation. How does that sound?” “Oh, thank you so much, sir,” said the excited employee. “I will work harder than ever.” “Before you go,” said the boss, “just out of curiosity, what companies were after you?” The employee shot back, “The mortgage company, the electric company, the gas company and the water company.”

2. twilanelson profile image59
    twilanelsonposted 5 years ago

I love it.  Thank you for a fun story and some laughter this morning.

3. Jonathan Janco profile image81
    Jonathan Jancoposted 5 years ago

That's a good one. Of course, it is much easier to get a rise out of your boss than a raise.