jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Gothic versions of classic characters and heroes.

1. Roy Perrin profile image60
    Roy Perrinposted 5 years ago

I would love to see more gothic versions of some of my favorite heroes and characters from literature.  There are a few videos on youtube.com that feature such art and it's awesome!  Most of it is obviously just fan art and made for fun, not profit, but I would like ot see more if anyone has some.  here is a video with some Disney versions:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwR2JAlDXZE
    (or just search gothic disney)

2. froch profile image84
    frochposted 5 years ago

404 - page not found :-/

3. Roy Perrin profile image60
    Roy Perrinposted 5 years ago

Try doing a youtube search for gothic disney or variations thereof.  If you like artwork and especially the alternative kinds, it's work the effort!

1. Captain Redbeard profile image60
      Captain Redbeardposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The guy's name is Jeffrey Thomas, he has a FB page. All his artwork is up there, he's awesome.

Roy Perrinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Cool, I'll have to look it up.  Thanks!  have you seen anywhere else where I could see more like these?

1. Captain Redbeard profile image60
          Captain Redbeardposted 5 years ago in reply to this

No but I would be interested in finding some myself. Have you ever checked out the Red Son story line of Superman? It's not a gothic version but it is a alter story line where he lands in Russia as a baby and grows up under Stalin instead of the Kents in America. I loved it!

Roy Perrinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Great story.  I love the alternate universe storylines of superman, Batman and just about any other heroes.  I especially like it when they are all in the same story and on the same splash page!  There are a few Superman/Batman stories that do that with the characters.

working