jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Thinking of writing a novel

1. lumberjack profile image83
    lumberjackposted 5 years ago

Well I'm thinking of writing a novel.  I'm tired of writing promotional cr*p and I just want to let my creative juices flow!
    Like a river... or a medium sized creek.

This won't be just a novel, but a MAGNUM OPUS!!!

Does anyone have any tips on where to start?
    What should I do? smile

1. RooBee profile image84
      RooBeeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Get  the book, "No Plot? No Problem." & check out the NaNoWriMo site --not posting links bc I haven't checked the forum rules lately & not sure if it's ok or not..

Anyway, it's a 30 day program over the course of which - if you follow through with it - you will write an entire novel. The idea is to power through it and then actually have something to go back and edit & so forth instead of laboring over each page for eons & never finishing the story.

We used this in a class I took & it was an EXCELLENT way to push yourself to keep going on your novel. Good luck! Can't wait to hear about it!!!

1. thooghun profile image87
        thooghunposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Sounds excellent RooBee, thanks for the tips. I am on the same boat (ship) as Lumberjack.

2. lumberjack profile image83
        lumberjackposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yep thank you smile

2. 0
    adeaugustusposted 5 years ago

Writing a complete novel is not an easy task, as i myself have written alot of cr*p before getting the bases. You can read this hub, i think it would help. http://hubpages.com/hub/Step-Guide-on-h … good-novel