jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Complications on finding a topic to write about

1. 60
    maria2994posted 5 years ago via iphone

Anyone ever gone on the internet expecting right away to find a good topic to write about? Then minutes later you realize you were so wrong? Well it happens to many people. You have to look in the right places and search the right websites. You can't just stick with the first topic that comes to mind. Sometimes you can't find what your looking for on the Internet. So just close your laptop, shut off your computer, or turn of your phone, and just walk away for a while. Sometimes your topics can come in the weirdest shapes and forms. Sometimes it's best you clear your mind and come back later. So next time your up late (or even early) doing that last minute (or not) book report, research paper, or just writing for the heck of it, make sure to take a break and think about it clearly. You might be surprised what might come to mind. smile

2. lumberjack profile image84
    lumberjackposted 5 years ago

I really appreciate these tips you provided. smile

3. ThompsonPen profile image82
    ThompsonPenposted 5 years ago

I actually just faced that problem last night. I began searching through all my old journal entries to see if I had any ideas floating around that I never got around to writing about, and in the end it was going through some old photos that got me onto my new string of pieces. Even just remembering the conversation I was involved in while the photo was being taken was inspiring. It's tough finding inspiration, especially when it's so simple the answer you find smile

4. Roy Perrin profile image61
    Roy Perrinposted 5 years ago

HubPages has been a blessing for me in this respect.  Whenever I feel a little writer's block coming on I can count on reading something here that piques my interest and gets my creative juices flowing again.