jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Sad when older titles get neglected

1. WriteAngled profile image91
    WriteAngledposted 5 years ago

I compiled an annotated list of 100 books, fiction in various genres and non-fiction, that have stayed in my memory long after I read them. This was part of a scheme in which readers were paired and exchanged lists so as to get ideas for further reading. Unfortunately, my partner did not annotate her list so it was not very useful to me sad

Since I have a bit over 5 decades of reading behind me, a number of my selections were of older titles that don't seem to get mentioned any more. I don't necessarily mean classics, either, although I have listed a few classics.

It made me think what a pity it is that we are constantly overwhelmed by masses of information about current bestsellers, but it is so difficult to find out about really good reads from a few or many years ago.

I think my list is far too long to place here. It's up on my WriteAngled Witters on the World blog (link on my HP profile page if anyone is interested in looking).

I'd love to have your comments and suggestions of books that have stayed in your memory, either in this thread or on the blog if you decide to go there.

Here are a couple of mine, picked at random from the list:
    Three Times Table by Sarah Maitland - a fascinating account of three women of different ages, who are each at a major turning point in their lives.

The Outsider by Colin Wilson - seminal study of alienation and creativity, which was written in the 1950s but is still immensely relevant.

2. Reality Bytes profile image93
    Reality Bytesposted 5 years ago

Swan Song by Robert McCammon

3. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

you could write a hub on each one and have may more views..Write a different review to avoid the duplicate penalty and a different angle perhaps.Congrats on the 100 book review..wink

1. WriteAngled profile image91
      WriteAngledposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I guess I could smile

I wouldn't be worried about duplicating, since my annotations are very brief. The same observations would be worded very differently in a proper review.