jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

1. noevilstar profile image60
    noevilstarposted 5 years ago

Hello there!
    I'm a newbie, just feeling my way around a bit. so nice to meet everyone, i love it here already - it is berry, berry cozy smile

anywho, i am wondering about copyright issues...how safe is my material on here? does anyone have any negative experiences regarding their content being stolen?

how can i protect myself? or do i need not worry about that?

i appreciate you reading this, and look forward to networking!!

2. MelissaBarrett profile image60
    MelissaBarrettposted 5 years ago

Your material is as safe here as it is anywhere else on the internet.  The more popular you become, the greater the chance that your writing may be copied/scraped.  There really isn't a whole lot you can do to protect yourself, but by occasionally googling lines from your hubs, you can see who has copied you and file a complaint against with google (although usually talking to the post will be sufficient, sometimes people repost one of your hubs not knowing that it is plagiarism)

3. Eva-Lynn profile image61
    Eva-Lynnposted 5 years ago

I used to feel the same way prior to developing my personal blog. As writers we need to take risks in order to improve our talent. I wouldn't want anyone to steal my work but it they did, I would take it as a compliment, then I would take them to court..LOL,

Good luck and welcome aboard I am fairly new myself.

1. noevilstar profile image60
      noevilstarposted 5 years ago in reply to this

thank you, ladies. great suggestion, melissa smile VERY funny, Eva! hahahaaa