jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (19 posts)

Shakespeare

1. anupma profile image69
    anupmaposted 5 years ago

Do you know what is the fatal flaw of Shakepear's drama?

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
      Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Homework?

2. psycheskinner profile image82
      psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I suspect you are not even getting the question quite right.  Many of Shakespeare's characters  have a "fatal flaw"(e.g. Othello's jealousy), but that concept is not normally applied to his work as a whole.

1. habee profile image90
        habeeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Right. And Macbeth's was "vaulting ambition."

Sorry about the spelling comment, but I taught The Bard for years and the misspelling bothered me.

3. Greek One profile image79
      Greek Oneposted 5 years ago in reply to this

not enough cowbell?

4. 2uesday profile image86
      2uesdayposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Are you willing to tell us what you think it is ?

1. Greek One profile image79
        Greek Oneposted 5 years ago in reply to this

http://www.unusualsuspectsband.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/MoreCowbell.jpg

1. K9keystrokes profile image92
          K9keystrokesposted 5 years ago in reply to this
  2. habee profile image90
    habeeposted 5 years ago

People who spell his name incorrectly??

anupmaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Ya, I am sorry. It is Shakespeare.. Hope now u will be able to reply.... Best of Luck

One more thing, it is only spelling mistake and I think for the greatest dramatist of the world spelling does not matter. U can read it in the title what I want to ask...... Hope U r getting me.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

Why don't you tell us what you think it is?

Ok, I will write a detailed hub on it.......

4. K9keystrokes profile image92
    K9keystrokesposted 5 years ago

hmm

Beautiful smiley to express feelings.  I think it shows your disagreement.. However, the words shows better your feelings than the facial expression...Good Luck.

5. Jagodka profile image79
    Jagodkaposted 5 years ago

Do you mean the fatal flaw of his dramas or the fatal flaw of the characters in his dramas?

6. anupma profile image69
    anupmaposted 5 years ago

Shakespeare is the most famous dramatist of the world. He is one of those dramatist who not only touched all forms of drama- tragedy, comdey and history, but also left a milestone in every genre.
    His four greatest tragedies are Macebeth, Hamlet, Othello and King Lear. The protagonists of the dramas are heroes. All heroes have the quality that further proves their flaw. I mean that their best quality, their greatness causes their ruins and downfall; sometimes even death as in the case of Macebeth.
    For example Macbeth's (protagonists' name) fatal flaw was his vaulting ambition.While hamlet was always found himself in "to be or not be". In this way, their best quality is ultimately their weakness that leads them to their downfall.
    This is the tragic flaw of Shakespeare's heroes or you can say of his dramas.

7. Vinaya Ghimire profile image85
    Vinaya Ghimireposted 5 years ago

I believe Shylock is Shakespeare's anti-hero, and not a villain. Shakespeare's theme are universal, they are beyond time and space.

There is a big difference between anti-hero and villain. Shylock was one of the important characters as if he were not there. May be the drama was not possible. Tragic flaw has nothing to do with the characters of comedy.

working