jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

DC or Marvel?

1. delmer47 profile image59
    delmer47posted 5 years ago

With all of the super hero movies coming out in recent years, I wondered if people had a preference. I am a big Marvel fan ever since I collected comic books as a kid.

1. Frank Atanacio profile image78
      Frank Atanacioposted 5 years ago in reply to this

yeah I too have to go with Marvel.. I like Stan Lee.. so yep  Marvel

2. Wayne Tully profile image61
    Wayne Tullyposted 5 years ago

Definitely Marvel, the range of superhero characters were more iconic and memorable and still are with the fantastic four, captain america, spiderman and the avengers to name a few....

1. delmer47 profile image59
      delmer47posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think one of the reasons why DC movies have not been as successful in recent years (with the exception of Batman, who is a comic book icon) is because of what you said Wayne...

3. K9keystrokes profile image92
    K9keystrokesposted 5 years ago

Marvel without a doubt! I am a BIG Stan Lee fan, so anything that he touched or had something to do with is on my favorites list. I find that the Marvel hero's do offer a deeper emotional connection with the reader, better back-stories, and a long lived fan base.  Who wouldn't adore the spirited stories of the X-Men, Spider-Man, Iron Man (my all time favorite) and of course those hellion sketched bad boys like Doctor Doom, Green Goblin, Magneto and so many more.
    If Budweiser is the king of beers, than Marvel is the king of comics.

4. Greek One profile image79
    Greek Oneposted 5 years ago

I vote for the company that did NOT come up with either the Super Twins

or Aquaman..

http://www.yourfunnymedia.com/media/693 … s_Useless/

5. cre8ivOne profile image83
    cre8ivOneposted 5 years ago

My 20 year old son would say, hands down Marvel!  Let's see, Spiderman, X-Men, Captain America, The Hulk, Iron Man, Wolverine and Finally, Thor.  We own all the released movies listed above!

I tend to agree with my son's vote as well!
    : )

1. K9keystrokes profile image92
      K9keystrokesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I forgot about Hulk and Captain America, both great comic stories!

6. 61
    ruffridyerposted 5 years ago

I always prefered Marvel.  The thing about D.C. is too many of their heroes dressed with capes, flew and fired beams from their eyes or hands.  Just too similar.