jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Flash Novels vs. Publish E-Books/Traditional Publishing

1. Johnjfernando profile image61
    Johnjfernandoposted 5 years ago

I wondering if its a good idea to write flash novels on hub pages or publish them on eBook and whether that will impact, in a bad way, if I want to look for an agent later on to publish any story projects as I do write novels, teens, young adult books? Can anyone help?

2. freecampingaussie profile image46
    freecampingaussieposted 5 years ago

Someone yesterday suggested writing a teaser like maybe a first chapter of a book see what interest there is in the story.

1. Johnjfernando profile image61
      Johnjfernandoposted 5 years ago in reply to this

LOL!...You know, mentioning it on here is ironic in a away, but then again, I did say that I'm interested in writing flash novels, which, with your intellectual sugestion is in fact just a chapter of my actual novel. You can visit my hubs and check out the one that I put a synopsis of  since its going to available this fall, hopefully. (John Tobio and the Blitzreig Empire). Hope you like it.
      P.S. I will be posting the first chapter soon.

3. Connie Smith profile image91
    Connie Smithposted 5 years ago

I have never heard of the terminology "flash novel."  What exactly is it?

1. BeatsMe profile image81
      BeatsMeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I haven't heard of flash novels either. Flash fiction, though, are really short stories with probably less than 300 words. smile

4. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

'Flash novel' is a bit of a contradiction in terms. But if you want an agent and traditional career I would suggest sending short stories to reputable markets with high editorial standards.