jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Is Hubpages An Advantage For Getting The Buzz Going?

1. Johnjfernando profile image59
    Johnjfernandoposted 5 years ago

Is it a good idea to promote a chapter of a novel on hubpages. The reason I ask this because on the last forum question I posted, someone suggested to promote a chapter of a novel on here because hubpages can help reel in some readership and also can help with feedback. I haven't really made anything big yet but thought I should be asking this advance. Please and Thank You.

2. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

If you writing is good, crisp, clean and your story-line is pretty decent, then I don't see why you wouldn't be able to get the "buzz" going.

However, writing novels is more about grammar. Meaning, making it easy to read or readable. Keep your story-line in tact and fluid, and you should be good.

Posting chapter after chapter, after chapter of a complete novel? Wouldn't make any sense, if you actually want to publish it and make a living from it. A few chapters would be good enough, but I don't think giving people everything would be advisable, if you are looking to publish it in book form and want people to buy it.

They wouldn't buy it and would just read the chapters(all of them if you put them all) online and never spend money to get a hard/paper copy of it.

Just my thoughts on it.

Johnjfernandoposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks. '...good idea to promote a chapter of a novel?...' I was seeking clarity on the first chapter 'idea', but like your feed back anyways so I'm just probably going to shorten it to one chapter of any book as an ad. Thanks again.

1. Cagsil profile image61
        Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You could publish a chapter or two or even three, depending on how long the book is......I would highly suggest to keep people wanting more, which is how it should be written. smile

And, you're welcome. smile

3. mortimerjackson profile image60
    mortimerjacksonposted 5 years ago

Hubpages is not the place to do it. If anything, go to smashwords or Wattpad. The readership for fiction here isn't really all that high. You typically come here if you want to write articles that will get you some hits on google.

And if I be so bold, marketing your writing shouldn't start with simply posting up samples from your book. While it won't hurt, it isn't an effective way to get an audience. You should do that by providing free and original (stress original) content every so often, and then get people to follow your work. Paid, or otherwise. I wrote an article about this that might help you out.

<link snipped>

Johnjfernandoposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks! I will take a look at this article of yours.

working