jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

How long should be a piece of creating writing for the contest?

1. moncrieff profile image80
    moncrieffposted 5 years ago

How long should be a piece of creating writing for the upcoming November contest? What is the best practice as far as a hub length goes in this case? I know, the minimum is 500 words, is there a maximum? What is the golden mean? I'd like to take part in the contest this time. Thank you.

1. AEvans profile image70
      AEvansposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Write to your hearts desire. Just flow. I am doing it this time to, it's my niche'. I wish you all of the best! smile

moncrieffposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you!

2. ThoughtSandwiches profile image83
    ThoughtSandwichesposted 5 years ago

Hi moncrieff...I tend to believe that each story, poem, and (other literary examples that I can't think of at the moment) have/has their own built-in length that is required to tell that story. 

That being said...those stories, poems, and (other literary examples that I can't think of at the moment) should be at least 500 words for this contest.  Without an apparent maximum...you can concentrate on writing a kick-a** hub that is as many words as it needs to be (over 500).  I look forward to reading which ever length you come up with (over 500).  Good luck!

moncrieffposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm not sure about a 500-word poem, but I'll be working on a story. Thank you!

working