jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Classifications for November Contest

1. WannaB Writer profile image93
    WannaB Writerposted 5 years ago

I am thinking of entering either the poetry or gallery categories or both in the next contest, but I'm unsure of what a photo gallery is -- even after looking at some of the examples. Must all the pictures in a gallery be ones I've personally taken, or may I use some that others at the same event have taken and given me permission to use? How would I attribute these if they are not online and no license is specified? What part could videos I have made play in such a gallery? I've been looking for a clarification, but haven't found it. Does the 500 word minimum apply to the photo gallery as a total for all photo descriptions? If there are specific guidelines, I need a link, because I've not been able to find one yet. If there aren't how should we be guided?

Any help would be appreciated.

1. AEvans profile image72
      AEvansposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hi WannaBWriter,

If you are looking for a clearer explanation e-mail Simone she is the one taking the lead on the contest. Or contact team@hubpages.com and they will be happy to provide you the answer. smile Great question by the way. smile

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago
  3. lafamillia profile image62
    lafamilliaposted 5 years ago

I have posted an story in category of creative writing, http://lafamillia.hubpages.com/hub/My-angle , so if You are interested - check it out - and tell me what you think. By the way - nice hubs You have there. :} Following... :}
    I'm hoping that my Hubs will attract You as yours did me ...

4. 2uesday profile image88
    2uesdayposted 5 years ago

lafamillia -  your link will no doubt be snipped by a moderator as it is considered self promotion to do that on HubPages.  You can only do this type of self link in the Hub Makeover section when seeking advice on a hub you have published.