jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

1. billabongbob profile image79
    billabongbobposted 5 years ago

Has anyone had any experience with >>

I've been considering it for a while, but was wondering if anyone here at HP has already joined?

I look forward to hearing what you have to say.

1. jcmayer777 profile image76
      jcmayer777posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I've never heard of it, but it looks interesting.  I see it costs 2.95 to join.  My only thought is they may just end up sending you a bunch of links to places like odesk and others that you could do on your own.

For $3, there's not much to lose.

1. jcmayer777 profile image76
        jcmayer777posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Of course....I'd rather have you spend the $3 and then post on here if it was worth it.......  smile

2. jcmayer777 profile image76
    jcmayer777posted 5 years ago

Looks like it's 2.95 the first ten days and $47 per month after that.

3. WriteAngled profile image89
    WriteAngledposted 5 years ago

In my opinion, anywhere where you have to pay to get work is a scam pure and simple.

The web site looks extremely scammy, and note the "earnings disclaimer" statement.

Furthermore, where do the jobs come from that populate their "largest database" of writing jobs? There is no sign of any marketing to people desiring to buy articles.

More pertinent comments here: http://accrispin.blogspot.com/2010/11/f … bscom.html

and here: http://freelancingandmore.com/2011/07/1 … like-this/

4. SpikeTheLobster profile image76
    SpikeTheLobsterposted 4 years ago

Job lists. Membership fee. Not worth it.

There's SO much writing work around, you don't need to pay someone to aggregate a bunch of sites for you - and that's all they do. They don't FIND work for you, they just pull together lists of jobs and leave you to apply for them.

At least, that's what I was told by someone who tried them.

Horrible, scammy, unethical scumbag way of taking money from people who can't afford it, in my humble opinion.

If you're that desperate for work, iWriter offers bad pay and loads of assignments (from $4-$10 for 500 words), Textbroker has opened a UK/EU site (.co.uk) and Reviewstream will buy stuff at ridiculously low prices.

There are, however, DOZENS of legitimate sites where you can find proper work, write for rev share, sell your work and earn what you're worth.