jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (18 posts)

NaNoWriMo 2011: Only 19 days left! Get excited.

1. 0
    SJmorningsun25posted 5 years ago

How are you preparing for this year's National Novel Writing Month? (And if you're not participating . . . c'mon, you're on HubPages! You love to write!)

1. cdub77 profile image91
      cdub77posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I honestly didn't know there was such a thing.  I will definitely write this short novel I've been coincidentally tentatively planning to write next month anyway.  Now it's a done deal!  I'm glad I saw this post.

I wrote a longer novel over the last two years and then wrote a collection of short stories which I just finished up in the past few weeks.  I can get excited about a short novel. 

Thanks again for posting.  So how are you celebrating?

1. 0
        SJmorningsun25posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I've just been ridiculously excited since August. :-) Glad you're participating! It's much more fun when you know you have an invisible community of fellow-sufferers, er, I mean, writers. :-) Good luck!

2. tobzyjen81 profile image61
    tobzyjen81posted 5 years ago

I am new to the hub, but i love to write. I have been working on a short childrens novel for about a year. I have been looking for away to publish it. This my be my chance. How does this contest work?

1. Uninvited Writer profile image81
      Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

it's not on Hubpages.

2. 0
      SJmorningsun25posted 5 years ago in reply to this

For NaNoWriMo you have to start something from scratch--no previously written material allowed. It's not a publishing venture so much as a motivation to write for those of us who need some extrinsic encouragement. Check out the link above and see if it's "write" for you! :-)

3. Jason Menayan profile image60
    Jason Menayanposted 5 years ago

Just a reminder that you can participate in NaNoWriMo here on HubPages as part of our November HubPatron of the Arts contest (under the Fiction section, naturally):

Good luck, all participants! smile

1. Uninvited Writer profile image81
      Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Good idea...

4. shesacraftymom profile image76
    shesacraftymomposted 5 years ago

I'm doing it! I'm going to try to churn out 50k in horror fiction! Didn't know you could participate here. Thanks for info!

cdub77posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I am going to set the bar high for myself and ask that I write two short novels.  I have notes taken on both of them, I outline obsessively when I'm not writing, but haven't written a word yet on either of them.  I imagine, from my notes, each will be between 30-40k.  One of the novels is political satire about distribution of wealth in America, and the other one is magical realism about a boy getting over the death of his father.

1. 0
        SJmorningsun25posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Wow--two projects!! Good for you. I'll have all I can do to churn out one, I think.

2. shesacraftymom profile image76
        shesacraftymomposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Cdub, both sound interesting, but especially the one about the boy. God luck on your projects!

cdub77posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Horror fiction has always fascinated me.  I love creepy moments. smile  I think I will try to do some more "horror" in my writing at some point soon.  I like dabbling with different genres and I like how this idea is inspiring me.

Thanks for the encouraging comment!  I've been waiting to write the story about the boy for a long time, but it takes time for something like that to come out.  I love writing about children, though, so it will be a labor of love!  Even if it is grueling and hard. smile

5. Pamela N Red profile image92
    Pamela N Redposted 4 years ago

I've done it for four years but thinking I may take this year off simply because I need to work on already in progress items. The rules are that it has to be new work. Even though I'm not writing a new story I will try to write 1667 a day rewriting and adding to an existing piece I need to finish.

6. 0
    Tamizposted 4 years ago

I'm going to try it.  I have a story that is popping up in my head and this will be the way to get it out.

7. Winaiva profile image61
    Winaivaposted 4 years ago

I have already registered with nanowrimo, as I did it last year (failed miserably!!! lol). Is there any way to connect that registration with here?

8. 0
    SJmorningsun25posted 4 years ago

Hey, everyone! NaNoWriMo 2011 starts in just 2 hours and 20 minutes (Central Time)! Are . . . you . . . ready??????????

1. Greek One profile image81
      Greek Oneposted 4 years ago in reply to this

my nipples are positively hard with literary excitement!