jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

do you have any hubpages accolades?

1. asmaiftikhar profile image78
    asmaiftikharposted 5 years ago

Do you have any HUB PAGES  ACCOLADE?If have than describe your feelings about having that badge.Is that inspires you or motivate you to write more hubs?Explain you feelings and views about it.

2. 0
    Tanmoy Acharyaposted 5 years ago

This is my personal view (Please keep that in mind - I do have some of those accolades that you mention.

Accolades seldom motivate me to write. Even if they did, that would be to please HubPages, and not me. Inspiration for creativity has its own origin, it can not be consciously triggered by artificial praise or applause of a software-generated logo. They disturb me more than they motivate me.

I think, and I know what I am saying, accolades have a practical value for a website like HubPages. Every revenue-sharing site - be it HubPages, or Squidoo or anything, have a system of disbursing these accolades. It triggers a sub-conscious competition amongst its contributors. The more intense the competition is, the more hubs, and more profit for the website. Without accolades and hubber-score, HubPages will have a hard time.

If HubPages really want to thank me, then they should leave a small written testimonial at the end of my profile-page. That would be enough.

3. Lisa HW profile image83
    Lisa HWposted 5 years ago

It doesn't bother me that they're there.  It's how a website like this one does things.  At the same time, there's not much anyone or anything is ever going to be able to do to inspire me to change my writing ways or write more.

There are two of those "accolades" (I don't even like the word) that do mean more to me than some of the others.  One is the one about getting good feedback from readers.  The other one is one that marked the passing of the first-million-views mark.  Sometimes, when I'm in one of my "withdrawing from most things on the Internet" moods, I make the accolades not visible.  Sometimes, I'll get in the mood where I want as much stuff as possible on my profile, and then I'll make them visible again.

4. WriteAngled profile image90
    WriteAngledposted 5 years ago

I cannot stand constant banging on about how wonderful it is to be competitive. Why should success be measured by how many other people are being walked over?

I do not give a toss about irrelevant scoring systems that have no impact at all on real issues, such as earnings.

For this reason, my accolades are hidden on my profile and I do not bother to look at those on other profiles.

I also do not let hub and hubber scores impinge on my consciousness, because I do not want such artificial rankings influencing my opinion and reactions when I read someone's writing.