jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)

Does the X-Men have a dark code?

1. Stevennix2001 profile image82
    Stevennix2001posted 4 years ago

Okay, this has got to be one of the weirdest freaking hubs that I ever read on here, and I'm truly at a loss for words on it.  Therefore, please look at this hub for me, and tell me what you think of it.  Does this author have a point?  Was there some sort of religious message in the original "X-Men" comic book series?  Or do you think this guy is totally insane?  I normally wouldn't make a forum like this, but this hub really has me...at a loss for words...that now I'm just curious to see who else out there might feel this way...

http://christopherdenny.hubpages.com/hu … erittle666

1. vmartinezwilson profile image85
      vmartinezwilsonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It sounds a little too in the bsc territory for me.

2. FatFreddysCat profile image93
      FatFreddysCatposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when I read that piece (I hesitate to call it a "hub" since it's just two totally random paragraphs)...

Stan Lee has gone on record as saying that the events in the X-Men series (persecution against Mutants, etc.) were inspired by the Civil Rights movement of the '60s. Somehow I doubt there was any Satanic ulterior motive on his part.

Some people just manage to find The Devil in everything!!

1. sabrebIade profile image86
        sabrebIadeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yep, Xavier was an analogy for Martin Luther King Jr and Magneto was an analogy for Malcolm X.
        At least that's what I have heard.

3. leroy64 profile image83
      leroy64posted 4 years ago in reply to this

This kind of thing has been around awhile.  There are evangelists that make a living doing this.  The Eagles used to be targeted with something similar.  (That's a 70's rock group for anyone who does not know.)  When I was supposed to be growing up, I had to sit through several evangelists presenting their case using the same type of logic; but, those guys at least cited references and had visual aids.  It made our parents feel better; and, me and my friends became Eagles fans.

2. stclairjack profile image81
    stclairjackposted 4 years ago

yea, saw this one,.... and yes,... he may have a point.

here we are reading his hub.

shock value sells.

and he may have just drank the water,... who knows

3. optimus grimlock profile image60
    optimus grimlockposted 4 years ago

cocaines a hell of a drug!!!

1. stclairjack profile image81
      stclairjackposted 4 years ago in reply to this

yuo betchya!

4. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 4 years ago

Better yet, why hasn't someone flagged this hub? It's extremely LOW quality to begin with.

It doesn't even qualify as a hub.

1. FatFreddysCat profile image93
      FatFreddysCatposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Because it's funny?

1. cdub77 profile image91
        cdub77posted 4 years ago in reply to this

It's painfully funny

5. Johnjfernando profile image60
    Johnjfernandoposted 4 years ago

Wow, and here I thought I couldn't write an A+ hub. Must be that cheap weed he's smokin. Poor bloke.

6. LookingForWalden profile image61
    LookingForWaldenposted 4 years ago

I don't understand, wasn't night crawler created long before Benedict was pope?