jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

NaNoWriMo 2011: One week in, how are you doing?

1. 0
    SJmorningsun25posted 4 years ago

Here's for a first-week checkup! Are you keeping up with word counts? Where do you currently stand? Is your novel going the direction you expected? Discussion begins . . . now!

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 4 years ago

I'm only here to give your thread a slight boost. Perhaps you, dear SJ Morning Sun, could tell us a bit about your own progress (if applicable)?

3. 0

Fair enough, Website Examiner! I'm at 21,206 words, far ahead of where I thought I'd be and the story is completely different than I anticipated. :-)

1. 0
      Website Examinerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

See, I was hoping for such optimistic tones.

1. molometer profile image85
        molometerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Are you posting the work or is it supposed to be written offline?
        I was going to have a go at this. How many words required? I might give it a go anyway.

1. 0

Offline will be fine. 50,000 word minimum. I am not doing this, but am willing to lend my support.

4. 0
    juliafranceschiniposted 4 years ago

Wow SJMoringSun you are doing great. I'm just where I need to be for today. But I'm still having trouble writing. It's really difficult for me to come up with unique and believable concepts because I'm writing a dystopic science fiction story and I don't want it to be too far-fetched.

I do have a question about how you write though, this is my first time doing nanowrimo.

So do you try to get words down? Or do you try to make cohesive story-lines free of errors?

Right now I'm writing feverishly, not looking back, just keep moving forward. I've never written something this long before and I'm not sure what type of pacing is the best.

1. 0

Sounds good. Better have a "slightly flawed" first draft than none at all.

5. 0

Molometer: For the full rules/information, visit www.nanowrimo.org. I wouldn't post it online, just for the sake of keeping your work protected! This isn't related to HubPages, though it's been pointed out that your work could be used in the Hub Patron of the Arts contest.