jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

I'm new on here and need some pointers so I have 2 questions!

1. Lee Foster profile image60
    Lee Fosterposted 5 years ago

I'm looking to advertise for my upcoming book and promote my Blog site. I do plan to write about many different topics as well.  Does anyone know how to add links in your profile, such as Twitter and a Blog site?? I can't seem to figure that out. I'd also like to allow people to contact me by email but I don't want my email address displayed. Due to the nature of my true story that I'm working on publishing, I need my email to be private. Is there any way I can keep my email address private, yet allow people to contact me and me to contact others??

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Lee, sounds like you need to learn some basics!

When you're writing in a Hub or on your profile, you'll see a line of symbols at the top of the text box.

Write your profile, including the name of your blog.  Highlight the name of your blog then click on the "chain" icon in the line of symbols.  A box will come up where you can enter the URL of your blog, that's how you create a link.

If you enter your email address in the "Email Settings" section, it won't be revealed to anyone.  It just enables the "contact" button to work. 

Be aware, though, that if you then reply to someone who sends you an email through the contact button, that will give away your email address.  It's not a bad idea to have an email address that you use especially for your writing, for that reason.

Lee Fosterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

WOW thank you so much. This is very helpful smile

2. 2uesday profile image88
    2uesdayposted 5 years ago

At the bottom of this page is the Learning Center it has information and links to videos on how things work on Hubpages. The link symbol is like a blue chain and you need to also highlight the text you want to use as the link words.

Lee Fosterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Ok...another great tip!!  Thank you so much smile

working