jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (7 posts)

Publishing a book in PDA format over the internet.

1. 0
    MP50posted 4 years ago

What are the risks involved with publishing a PDF e-book over the internet? Can a writer put trust in this direction.........Or should a writer go in person to a publishing house and get a reciept for thier work? This is not in my field of experience........please excuse me if the question seem's un-appropiate. Thanks.

1. QuestionMaster profile image89
      QuestionMasterposted 4 years ago in reply to this

If you want to appear as a credible author, the only way to do so is by going through traditional methods.

Since anyone can publish an eBook (without editing, typesetting or proof it's even good), having an eBook to your name would be the same as writing on your resume that you worked for your dad and he gave you a great reference. smile

1. 0
        MP50posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Great answer Thank You for the reply.........

2. couturepopcafe profile image60
        couturepopcafeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

That's the way I understand it, too.  The big problem is, unless you've got something really unique or a potential blockbuster, the Big 5 seem to want the big names.

The self-pub route can make you some money but you essentially will do all the marketing which seems to be more work than actually writing the book.

1. 0

Thanks for your comment.....I do have some colleges' that have written best seller's.....But it cost them a fortune to publish with the top publisher's......I think you are both right...Thanks MP50.

1. psycheskinner profile image81
            psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Publishing with top publisher is typically not only free, but highly profitable.  "Top" publishers (e.g. Random House, Wiley, Penguin) do not charge the author money.

1. 0

Thank You for your comment......You could be right about this........perhaps I misunderstood what I have been told?