jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)

Wolverine is one of the best developed characters. Who's Yours?

1. Johnjfernando profile image61
    Johnjfernandoposted 5 years ago

Who was your favourite Marvel/DC Character?

Wolverine is a great character because he not only has his own story, but his own story runs deep into darkness, mystery, and evil origins. But,every investment to make Wolverine a supernatural weapon of chaos failed and he has no recollection of his memory or who he really was. This establishes a personal journey for him to figure it out, bringing to complicated past of his. Thats why I like it.

1. LookingForWalden profile image60
      LookingForWaldenposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I like how he can appear in almost any era of the marvel universe and not break canon because of his slow aging.

Johnjfernandoposted 5 years ago in reply to this

ya i hear you. thats kinda what i was trying to get at.

2. Stevennix2001 profile image82
      Stevennix2001posted 5 years ago in reply to this

It depends on what you mean by developed.  If we're just speaking about who's my favorite characters, then I'm obligated to say Superman (from D.C.) and Spider-Man (from Marvel) because those were the two main comics that I read as a child.  However, if you're asking for the most developed from both sides, then I'd still say that Spider-Man is probably the most developed Marvel character.  Mainly because he deals with everyday problems like the rest of us (with the exception of fighting crime), and it's probably one of the few comics out there that dares to question how a superhero's line of work intervenes with their personal life. 

As for DC, I would have to say Batman is the most developed, as he not only has a dark and engaging origin, but you can also add psychological depths to his story to explore the psyche of his character and villains.

Yeah that works for me. I meant more along the lines of construction of the character overall by the author. Lol. But, seeing as how this all turned out here, I don't mind.

Batman! Shoot I knew i forgot to mention somethng somewhere when I came back here. Yeah, I agree with you on that too. His pathology of life was greatly articulated and also construted nicely. smile

3. Valerie F profile image59
      Valerie Fposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hands down, Nightcrawler. As a misfit even among misfits, I could identify very well with him. And since he actively persisted in being his happy, caring, fun-loving self in defiance of what others expected of him based on his outward appearance and his history of being rejected and mistreated, I could admire him too.

Marvel should have never killed him off.

2. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

I will stick with my childhood favorite- Spiderman. To this day he is my favorite and I'm 43 years old. wink

Ah Cagsil. Nobody will ever get too old for these childhood heros. Actually funny I should mention. We had a heated debate in our gym class in highschool about who would win in a bout; Spiderman or Wolverine. Reason why it was big debate is because of Logan's instant healing powers and Peter's ability of speed and 'spidey' senses. wink

3. LookingForWalden profile image60
    LookingForWaldenposted 5 years ago

I like batmans and punishers development. I don't think any of the other comics really get into the psyche like those two.

Plus neither has powers. Just wits and will. Lots of them. big_smile

Punisher was crazy guy with a 'take no prisoners hostage' swagger. Really cool! big_smile

4. profile image0
    V Qisyaposted 5 years ago

I should say...Wolverine and Mystique

5. aftons profile image61
    aftonsposted 5 years ago

storm is very cool

working