jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Are you willing to help an aspiring writer?

1. Seek-n-Find profile image90
    Seek-n-Findposted 5 years ago

Hello everyone! If you've read any of my work, then this question is for you.  I'm sitting here writing out my goals for 2012.  I really want to hit the goal of publishing a book by the end of the year.  The problem is that I feel very "ADDish" on this task.  I have so many interests, genres, and things I like to write--I just don't know where to start!  Here's where you come in.  If you've already read any of my Hubs and if you are willing, would you let me know which of my them (if any) might be publishable material?  I'm not writing for self-promotion here, that's why I'm asking those of you that are already familiar with my Hubs.  I just really feel like I need some direction in terms of focus.  General advice is great too.  I'm looking forward to learning and growing because of YOU!  Thanks in advance.

1. NatalieSack profile image61
      NatalieSackposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Maybe you should consider writing a book about your path to being published--the steps you take, the failures and successes, your emotional experience of it.  The subject has the potential for lots of self-discovery, useful info for other aspiring writers, and it's a highly marketable subject.

PS  I really like the way your bio is set up!

Seek-n-Findposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks--that's a good idea too.  Maybe a blend of some bio stories with an emphasis on the writing process part of my life?  I appreciate the feedback!  :-)

2. zoey24 profile image85
    zoey24posted 5 years ago

I just read your bio, which i found very interesting. Have you considered writing a book about your own life experiences? I always find most true life books to be very inspirational smile

Thank you!  I have thought of that--so you aaying that is some encouragement for me in that direction.  I appreciate the advice!  :-)

3. brittanytodd profile image91
    brittanytoddposted 5 years ago

I liked this short piece: http://seek-n-find.hubpages.com/hub/How … ed-My-Life

Maybe you could do a memoir or something like that. You have an excellent skill that involves creative writing.  I would love to read more of your personal anecdotes and see them published someday.

Okay, so far the popular vote is personal stories.  Thanks for the kind word regarding my writing.  :-)  I get a bit overwhelmed when I think of trying to tell my life story...so much has happened!  Maybe something that focuses on highlights--like the highs and lows from major periods/seasons of my life?  Appreciate the feedback.

1. brittanytodd profile image91
        brittanytoddposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, like a memoir (just a window into your personal experiences--not the whole story).  smile

4. seanorjohn profile image80
    seanorjohnposted 5 years ago

Yes, I am willing to help. Tell me how. Do you need a pen or pencil?

working