jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

What's your favourite book and why?

1. Miss M profile image61
    Miss Mposted 5 years ago

Discuss please. I would like to find some books other than teen romances as they are too cliche...

1. 0
      Muldaniaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I still enjoy the fairy tales of Hans Christan Andersen, even though I am almost 40.  My other favourites are the stories of Sherlock Holmes.

2. Miss M profile image61
    Miss Mposted 5 years ago

thanks for the reply!
    I'll try them both! smile

1. Druid Dude profile image60
      Druid Dudeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It's actually my favorite author. Isaac Asimov, who started writing science fiction in the early to mid thirties, and published over seventyfive sci-fi stories which all link together to form one HUGE story, including "I, Robot" He coined the term "Robot" and invented the "Three Laws" He also invented "Psycho-History" in the Foundation series. He may have been a visionary. He made an indelible mark on our culture. He was a neighbor of mine at one time.

Miss Mposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Wow -that's amazing! Thanks for the recommendation!

3. 0
    Motown2Chitownposted 5 years ago

My two all time favorites are To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee and East of Eden by John Steinbeck.  Could (and have done) read them over and over.

One that surprised me was an eighties romance novel called Inheritance by Judith Michael - had a lot of depth that I wasn't expecting.

And just for fun, I love almost anything by Dennis LeHane - Shutter Island, Gone, Baby, Gone. His absolute best to date is The Given Day.

Happy reading.

Miss Mposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I've read To Kill A Mockingbird but I will try the others! Many thanks big_smile

1. JamesPoppell profile image84
        JamesPoppellposted 5 years ago in reply to this

What a great book this was. I believe it was the only book the author wrote.

4. JamesPoppell profile image84
    JamesPoppellposted 5 years ago

I would have to say "Les Miserables" by Victor Hugo is my favorite book. It was a masterful piece on the subject of justice and mercy. Though it has been quite some time since I have read the book, I remember it had a lasting impression on me.

working