jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (15 posts)

Spelling and Grammer Errors

1. cobrien profile image80
    cobrienposted 5 years ago

Am I the only one who gets annoyed trying to read hubs from people who can't pass English class? Why don't they use Microsoft works or some other word processing program? The come free with Windows.

1. MelissaBarrett profile image61
      MelissaBarrettposted 5 years ago in reply to this

*Grammar

I love irony.

1. Pcunix profile image87
        Pcunixposted 5 years ago in reply to this

smile

Too funny!

2. Jeff Berndt profile image91
        Jeff Berndtposted 5 years ago in reply to this

lol

3. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image91
        TIMETRAVELER2posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Glad you fixed the spelling error, I really didn't want to be the one to tell you.  However, I love your sense of humor!!

1. profile image0
          Website Examinerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The apparent error is in the headline of the Original Post.

4. urmilashukla23 profile image81
        urmilashukla23posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Haahaa. Love this forum!

2. Pcunix profile image87
      Pcunixposted 5 years ago in reply to this

By the way, they do NOT come free with Windows.  You may have bought a computer that included them, but they were not "free".

What does come free is Wordpad, but that doesn't include spelling correction.

Mac includes TexTedit, which DOES have spelling correction.  Yet another reason to use Mac..

3. annart profile image89
      annartposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It is sometimes difficult to read hubs in which the English is not grammatically correct but it seems to me that some hubbers have English as a second language so I try to make allowances.  Not everyone has had good tuition in English, through no fault of his/her own and some people still manage to get the point across well.  However, when it's obvious that someone has not bothered to proof-read, that's a different kettle of fish altogether!  I'm usually a purist but tolerance is important too.

4. cobrien profile image80
      cobrienposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes, that was funny. Can I copy and paste on forums? I still need my spellcheck.

1. profile image0

You can copy and paste (your own material). I am using Google Chrome, which has built-in spell check that even works with forum posts.

1. psycheskinner profile image79
          psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Ditto Firefox.

1. profile image0

Thanks!

2. savanahl profile image79
    savanahlposted 5 years ago

I recently purchased a laptop and though it does not come with a lot of the office programs, it does come with a basic Word starter program that includes spell check. There are also online spell checkers and grammar checkers. I've never used one personally but have heard good things.

1. Lisa HW profile image82
      Lisa HWposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Does Open Office  (download for free at its dot org site) have a spelling/grammar checker these days?)

working