What to read something really scary?

1. ptosis profile image79
    ptosisposted 4 years ago

I read a lot of nonfiction about murderers and crimes as my way of trying to find out how NOT to be a victim. The scariest is the serial killers and the folks who write to them while on death row.

Just one excerpt in the killer's own words about how hitchhikers are considered 'freebies' will be enough warning that your kids would never - ever hitchhike!

The book is called "The Serial Killer Whisperer" How One man's Tragedy Helped Unlock the Deadliest Secrets of the World's Most Terrifying Killers.

Arthur Shawcross, Roy Metheny, David Gore, Robert C. Hansen and Tommy Lynn Sells.

F*CKERS! Good book to argue for a quick trip to the execution. They are all on death row for at least 10-12 years on average. Unbelievable how much freedom in prison they have being able to write to the outside, make $$  and extremely gruesome details.   (brrrrrrr - {skin crawl})

Warning in front of book states "Not for the squemish" and an apology at the end of the book for allowing the killer's own words to be printed.

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 4 years ago

This thread is a very good idea. I am currently editing a novel about a serial killer; so you could say that I am reading one as well.

1. ptosis profile image79
      ptosisposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Previously - I could not ever find a particular book online but another really scary book is one who I thought the author was called James Moss (forgot the title!) I was more scared of the author who wrote to serial killer pedophiles including Jeffrey Dahmer while on death row.

It was scary because the author was only 17 years old and he was pretending to be a twink. His stated mission was to try to open cold cases as his resume to join the FBI.

But because of this thread I tried to find again - and I found it:

"The Last Victim: A True-Life Journey into the Mind of the Serial Killer" (1999) by Jason Moss & Jeffrey Kottler.

Can preview it on google books.  Scary - very scary