jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Fyodor Dostoyevsky - the writer who inspired the world

1. IndiePharm profile image77
    IndiePharmposted 4 years ago

He's my favorite writer, I've read almost everything from him and I'm ready to discuss about almost everything about his works. So, do you like reading him, what do you think of his novels and stories? I think he's simply awesome, he has inspired me with so many situations which he had described, like I was almost there. He simply showed me what's bad and what's good...

1. ar.colton profile image92
      ar.coltonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The writer who inspired the world? Dostoyesvsky is brilliant but there are many authors who have changed the face of fiction forever. For me, Oscar Wilde and Ray Bradbury effect my work more than anyone else.

2. knolyourself profile image59
    knolyourselfposted 4 years ago

The Brothers Karamazov

3. maxoxam41 profile image80
    maxoxam41posted 4 years ago

Anton Chekhov is the only Russian author I read, it doesn't mean he is the last...

4. dmhenderson profile image60
    dmhendersonposted 4 years ago

I love Dostoyevsky as well. I think "The Brothers Karamazov" is his greatest work, but "The Idiot" is also a favorite. For me, Dostoyevsky stands in contrast to Tolstoy. Dostoyevsky sometimes seems wild, as if he might fly apart at any moment (see, e.g., "Notes From Underground"), while Tolstoy is so lucid, so controlled.

5. 0
    jomineposted 4 years ago

I've read only the 'crime and punishment'. Good book, but war and peace, Anna Karenina and father Sergei(Tolstoy), I liked better. And if you ask who my favorite author(fiction) is, its Dickens.