jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Enid blyton , is she one of your favorite writers

1. Melchius profile image60
    Melchiusposted 4 years ago

The first book I remember reading is Shadow the Sheepdog.  After that I was hooked.  I got through all the Famous Five several times before moving on.  So Enid Blyton gave me my first grounding in literature.  I remembered that when I had children.  So all four of them were introduced to her books even though by that time she was politically incorrect.

2. mistyhorizon2003 profile image93
    mistyhorizon2003posted 4 years ago

I just loved Enid Blyton, and grew up reading soooooo many of her books. To list just a few:

The Magic Faraway Tree series
    The Famous Five
    The Secret Seven
    The Children of Cherry Tree Farm
    Malory Towers (boarding school books)
    St Clare's (boarding school books)
    The Island of Adventure series (Castle of Adventure etc)

Plus numerous other books of fairy tales etc etc. The best children's author that ever was if you ask me smile

3. AliciaC profile image96
    AliciaCposted 4 years ago

I loved Enid Blyton books when I was a child too. I remember feeling like I had entered another world when I read “The Famous Five” stories. I couldn’t wait to get to the library as soon as I finished one of the books in the series to borrow another one. I didn’t notice any of the problems in the books that I see as an adult - I just loved the stories and the adventures.

4. Pearldiver profile image86
    Pearldiverposted 4 years ago

My younger brother never understood her Winny the ooh at all!

At age 4... He didn't appreciate getting into trouble for oohing in the honey jar and then spreading on the toast he made his mother for breakfast in bed! big_smile

5. Aficionada profile image94
    Aficionadaposted 4 years ago

When I was in fifth grade, our teacher would read some of the Enid Blyton books to us when we had rest time after lunch.  It was almost painful to us that she had to stop reading each day so that we could get back to regular work.  The breaks always seemed to happen at the most exciting points!

I'm not sure I remember any titles.  Puffin Island comes to mind, but that may have been a book by a different author that the same teacher read to us. It's a really long time ago.

6. alliemacb profile image93
    alliemacbposted 4 years ago

I loved Enid Blyton when I was a kid, especially the Famous Five books.  I also loved the Secret Seven books and my friends and I even started a club based on them.  When my daughter was little I bought her The Faraway Tree books, but I suspect I enjoyed them more than she did.