jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (14 posts)

How to Write a Hub About Quotations?

1. VendettaVixen profile image89
    VendettaVixenposted 5 years ago

I'm trying to publish a hub of love-themed quotes, but it keeps telling me that it contains duplicate content.
    But, aren't quotes duplicate content by definition?
    Any advice on how to get around this problem?

Thanks.

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

You need to keep filling the hub with original content, so as to make the percentage of duplicate content smaller. If that doesn't work for you, then your alternative is to contact HubPages and see if they are willing to give you a break.

1. kenneth avery profile image81
      kenneth averyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I asked HubPages for a "break" one time with a hub that HAD ALL ORIGINAL CONTENT. MINE. But when I deleted it to appease them, they emailed me and said "appreciate that." Just sharing. Happy Valentine's Day.

1. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You do understand that content published elsewhere, by you or anyone else, is no longer original when published on HubPages?

This seems to be a common misunderstanding; HP wants original content that is unique to HubPages, not a duplicate of something published somewhere else by anyone, including the HP author.

1. kenneth avery profile image81
          kenneth averyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Wilderness, yes I do understand. And that particular hub "I" deleted to appease HP, WAS all original content...word for word. Not duplicated, copied, bought or otherwise transmitted. I knew I was outgunned in the arguement so I gave in. And NO ONE has ever told me to ask for a break from HubPages.

1. wilderness profile image95
            wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

OK - just thought I'd mention it as I do see it happen pretty consistently.  Newbies mostly, but also older hubbers that think because they wrote it a hub is somehow not a duplicate when there are multiple copies they've already published.  Or that they publish after the hub.

3. ComfortB profile image86
    ComfortBposted 5 years ago

You may need to write your quotes each on a PowerPoint Slide in a presentation. When you're sure you have all the quotes you need, "Save As" a Picture file (JPeg extension).

Each will be an individual picture that can then be inserted into your image capsule and referenced in your hub.

4. paradigmsearch profile image85
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

Quote hubs generally don't do well traffic-wise. Otherwise I'd be starting a twitter one.

1. rebekahELLE profile image88
      rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hmm, that's not quite true. It depends how keywords rank.  Many people search for quotes.

As far as OP, you need to find quotes from different sources, not all from the same site.  Also add original content.

1. paradigmsearch profile image85
        paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I was kind of hoping that someone would disagree. Reason being that I've tried quote hubs before and failed, but was wondering whether to give it another shot. smile

5. VendettaVixen profile image89
    VendettaVixenposted 5 years ago

Thanks for all the advice, guys. Will probarbly put the quotation hub to one side for now, but will try the suggestions when I get back to it.
    smile

6. habee profile image89
    habeeposted 5 years ago

I have a couple of quote hubs. I know I got one through the duplicate filter by expanding on the quotes in my own words.

1. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

So you interpreted the quotes? Efficient method, if that is the case.

1. habee profile image89
        habeeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes.

working