jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

What is the most popular place for you to find hub ideas?

1. luse profile image82
    luseposted 4 years ago

And if possible, what are your top 3 go-to places for ideas?

1. Dale Hyde profile image86
      Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Well, believe it or not, I would have to say that the most popular place that I find my hub ideas is within my own mind.

2. Greekgeek profile image98
      Greekgeekposted 4 years ago in reply to this

--My academic training. What do I remember that I still love to write about?
      --My house. Virtually or literally, I'll walk around until I bump into a bookshelf, entertainment center, kitchen drawer... is there anything in it that I can review or comment on? (Favorite books, DVDs, etc)
      --Activities. When I go traveling somewhere, I bring a camera and create photo essays about interesting places I've been and things I've seen. Anything I enjoy as an activity might become a webpage.
      --My traffic stats. Dig down to see what searches brought people to your articles. Many of them are interesting questions that may serve as writing prompts.
      --Forums. What are questions people ask frequently, or topics they talk about frequently, which I find myself answering or responding to? Why not write an article about those things?
      --News. News often reminds me of ancient history, mythology, cool science, or some other topic I like researching and writing about.

2. JKenny profile image94
    JKennyposted 4 years ago

I tend to get inspired by books, either in the library or a bookshop, although I prefer the library because its a cheaper and you can always find a quiet place to read. I also get inspiration from walking the countryside, especially on a nice, warm spring day.

3. wetnosedogs profile image61
    wetnosedogsposted 4 years ago

I, too, rely on my mind sometimes and it seems like my mind is awfully slow!
    Or it's upcoming birthdays, what the little grandkids want, or whatever project someone in the family is working on.

4. savanahl profile image78
    savanahlposted 4 years ago

I find that reading gives me inspiration. I read the forums and questions section as well as different hubs and books.

5. ChristinS profile image94
    ChristinSposted 4 years ago

Reading tends to give me inspiration! Also, mind mapping is a great way to pull ideas out of your own mind.  Start with one big keyword - something you know about.  for example I might say "making soap".  Then branch out from that keyword and say something like soap recipes, or how to make hot process soap, how to package soap, and so on.  From those ideas you'll likely find more ideas and just keep writing.  You can get ideas for dozens of hubs by brainstorming for just a few minutes like that smile

6. 0
    The Writers Dogposted 4 years ago

My Hubs tend to come from the same place as most of fiction writing - life.

7. John Holden profile image61
    John Holdenposted 4 years ago

On the bus! Not a short hop but a long slow journey preferably in the dark. There are no distractions, at least no welcome distractions. The mind can wander off stimulated by either a sight or a few choice words overheard.

One of my most popular hubs though was prompted by another hub eulogising Margaret Thatcher. I thought that the writer had never lived in the UK and was resorting to popular misconceptions. I had to write a rebuttal.

The same hub also stimulated me to write several more which are still in the pipeline.

8. Ruby H Rose profile image81
    Ruby H Roseposted 4 years ago

When I am really struggling for inspiration I start hopping Hubs, or reading these threads, or going to the question section, so yeah.  I start reading!  Of course my mind runs a mile a minute with fantastic ideas when I am doing something else.  Another excellent resource is the newspaper!  On sundays I found out I can get a free city newspaper when I get a 16 oz. coffee at my favorite spot.  I didn't even finish it and my mind was swarming with great ideas.