jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Bigezine (and others) and the rampant theft of our writers property.

1. Don Bobbitt profile image93
    Don Bobbittposted 4 years ago

BIGEZINE IS STEALING OUR WRITINGS Illegally and in mass.
    They are operating out of INDIA and are rampantly allowing the copying of original content writers entire works to their site.
    But, really! If it's India?  China?The Bronx? (no offense to Bronxites!)
    Its really about morals!  Its about Lack of Regulation!
    Its about the NEW INTERNET WILD WEST!

In the old days, if you shut down a crooked Pawn Shop, they just moved across town or down the street and re-opened.
    Now, they don't physically move, they just stroll down the internet highway and reopen.

We have evolved into an international web market, full of potential riches, and we have no international Police.

I see that everyone is racing to complain to the site and the ISP! But, Really?
    Isn't that just giving the site a certain level of respectability that it doesn't deserve?

The real question is; HOW DO THESE PEOPLE GET SHUT DOWN, and FOR GOOD?

1. 0
      idratherbeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You hit the nail right on the head, this has become the Internet Wild West! And I don't see a way to shut down, especially when they operate out of country. What concerns me also, is how many family pictures have been photoshopped for other uses? I can only hope none! People need to stop posting these pictures and realizing the net isn't a safe place. Once posted, it's here forever.

Don Bobbittposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Absolutely. we, here in the US, have been playing at the SILENT MAJORITY game for too long.
        It's time the we (the US) starts a program that forces the giant money makers in the "Pay for Search" business  (Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc.) to get off of their Butts and start policing the culprits rather than the abused.

2. The Frog Prince profile image80
      The Frog Princeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Since we are the ones writing on this forum, I would say that Hub Pages itself would have the greatest influence, and inside knowledge, to step in at this point.  I was made aware that someone using that forum basically copied and pasted my article with photos and videos right where I had placed them.

I wrote to the site and provided links and have yet to hear from them.  With HP's policy concerning duplicate content it might present a problem for those of us who write here.

The Frog

Don Bobbittposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The Frog ----- Absolutely, as I responded above, it's time for the "Pay for Search" industry to get off of their butts and start attacking the abusers rather than just turning OFF everyone with duplicate content and leaving tie policing to us.
        They are making money off of the popularity of OUR WORKS, and they should shoulder some of the work to Block/Stop/Shut Down these THIRD WORLD THIEVES by doing whatever is necessary